Sunday, December 19, 2010

Look What Santa Brings

I recently found a wonderful blog and had a wonderful time looking through all her projects, but this Glittery Punch Santa she made really won my heart. I had to make one of my own! I didn't have all of the punches she used, but I improvised with some of the ones I had. The only thing I couldn't improvise with was the ornament punch for Santa's boots, but a friend of mine had one and let me borrow hers - thanks Sherry!

I made mine to hang on a bag of homemade treats as a tag, but after they open the bag of treats they can hang the santa from their tree as an ornament.


(click to enlarge)

Didn't he turn out cute?


Not long ago I posted a fun craft HERE to do with your kids or grandkids making reindeer with their hands and feet. Well, Patricia St. Martin made some reindeer with her granddaughter Emma, and Emma sent me one!


(click to enlarge)

Isn't this adorable? I love how she's given the reindeer earrings! I now have Emma's reindeer hanging on my refrigerator decorating my kitchen for Christmas! Emma, I want you to know how much I love the reindeer you made for me! Thank you so much!

The other day I posted some thoughts on ART by Rich Davis who is one of Squigglefly's artists, and it made me think of a song that Harry Chapin did called Flowers Are Red. I loved Harry's songs - he told stories in music. Anyway, I thought some of you might not have ever heard this song and it's worth sharing, so go take a peek at this video to see Harry Chapin sing it.

Okay, I will be back tomorrow with my very last Christmas card of the year and I'll be announcing Squigglefly's new design team! I can't wait for you to all find out who they will be! Until then, stay happy and thanks for looking!

8 comments:

Vicki said...

sooooo Cute Holly! Thanks for the inspiration! I stil have my grandchildren's cards to make...Have none of the punches needed but am going to attempt to make mine with the cricut! Cute cute card from Patricia! Hope your Sunday is blessed!

HUGS!
Vicki

Becky said...

Holly these are tooooo cute. :) Love the goodies Santa is bringing and that deer is just adorable.
Have a great week. Thanks for the gorgeous card. :)

Shawna said...

So, so CUTE! Enjoy the last weekend before Christmas ---- don't work too hard!

Maria Matter said...

adorable santa holly, have seen a few punched ones but haven't tried any yet!

Emma's reindeer is wonderful...isn't it lovely to see how you inspired someone to 'get crafty'!!!

Merry Christmas!

Pam in Ar. said...

Love the idea for Santa on a goodie bag....the reindeer are too cute!! What a great idea....I must have missed that post, it would have been fun to do it with my grandkids :)

kasthurirajam said...

beautiful

Patricia St Martin said...

Miss Holly, We are sleeping at grandma's house tonight. Grandma just showed me your blog. I am so glad you got my reindeer and that you like it. I like the earrings too. I like grandma bow. If grandma has time she said we might try and make your santa but she said she is really busy right now.
Thank you so much, Emma

Alice Wertz said...

hee... these are super cute! love them!