Friday, December 3, 2010

No Place Like Home Sweet Home For the Holidays

Hi everyone! I'm posting tonight instead of tomorrow morning because I finally finished the card I wanted to show you and also because tomorrow is going to be a really busy day for me. I'm going shopping early in the morning with a friend to find those last few items on my Christmas list.

Ashley is running in the St. Jude marathon tomorrow in Memphis. I am so proud of her! She has worked really hard at training for this, and it will be her first full marathon. Anyway, because she is going to be too busy tomorrow to release the images, she will be doing them tonight! I thought it was the perfect time to share my card.


(click to enlarge)

Isn't this the sweetest little gingerbread house you've ever seen? It is drawn by Marla Shega and will be available to you soon! I paired it with the Home Sweet Home sentiment which is a new one from Jess Holland. It just fit in so wonderfully with this cute image, don't you think?

I colored the image with Copic markers and added some sugar coating (glitter) to the gumdrops. The red and white baker's twine at the top was a great match for the candy canes! Make sure you get to Squigglefly to see all the new images!

Thanks for looking, and enjoy your evening!

12 comments:

Becky said...

Yes this is the sweetest little gingerbread house!! This is adorable and your coloring is fabulous.

Tammy said...

Hmm, this looks good enough to eat. Love the image and your perfect coloring.

Anonymous said...

Holly, this is precious. You sure are ready for the holidays. Thanks for sharing.

Shawna said...

Sweet! Love that "sugar" coating on the gumdrops.

Linda said...

Oh wow this is sweet! I love your coloring. It looks good enough to eat.
We are having our first snow storm. It is so pretty. I know you would love it. BUT when it stops the temps are going to drop, drop, drop! I don't like that part.

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

In a word, A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!!!
Just scrumptious Holly!

Dawn Frost said...

Holly beautiful card nice and sparkly! Love how you framed the card with candy canes and then used matching cord!

Nora said...

LOVE this!!
♥hugs♥

Maria Matter said...

beautiful Holly! fab coloring and the sparkle is perfect for this sweet house!!

hugs & blessings!

Marlene said...

That is just gorgeous!!! Congrats to Ashley, too! What an endeavor.

bumblebee creations said...

I love it!! those gum drops look so real!

*Vicki* said...

Oh this is just yummy delious!! Love how you've added the glitter for the sugarness!! :) Hope your friend did well in the run!!HUGS