Saturday, December 11, 2010

Two Christmas Cards

Hi everyone, and happy weekend! Today is Squigglefly's last release of the year. I urge you to run and take a look at what's new today as well as just browsing their images in general because there are ton of wonderful ones there and lots on sale!

I am going to share a couple of Christmas cards with you today. Both of my cards today use images by Lynne Stansbery. This first one is called Christmas Candle.


(click to enlarge)

I colored this with Copic markers and resisted the urge to use stickles on the candle flame! I stamped the Merry Christmas (from Stampin' Up!) directly on to the designer paper, but I feel it's a little lost amid the design. I tied a bit of green ribbon around the card and popped a button from Recollections on top.

My next card uses one of the much loved shy bears. This bear is called Ornament Shy Bear. Doesn't he look like he is having a grand old time?!



(click to enlarge)


I colored this with Copic markers and added a bit of faux flower soft to his hat brim. I used stickles as the glue to hold the flakes so it still has a bit of sparkle to it.

I am going to be taking a bit of a break from daily posts until after the first of the year. I have a lot of Christmas wrapping to do, but I am also working on getting the new Squigglefly design team in place. You'll all be seeing who they are really soon! There's more than just a new design team coming to Squigglefly in the new year, so stay tuned to find out what it is! I will be posting here and there, so don't stop coming by periodically - I love when you do!

Enjoy your Saturday!

16 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

fabulous cards. i love the candle and do not think the sentiment gets lost. i LOVE that paper too.

wishing you all a spectacular and truly blessed holiday season.

hugs :)

Pam in Ar. said...

Two different but great cards....as usual Holly :) I love that little shy bear, LOL, so cute.

I need to get on my wrapping too, I have nothing done as of yet..been too busy with that new grandbaby and my daughter-in-law, or I should say my other grandkids..life has been so hectic around here but I wouldn't have it any other way!

Have a great Saturday yourself :)

Shawna said...

And we love it when you post! Love the cards. Am heading over to the Squigglefly site to see what's new. Have a great weekend!

Curt in Carmel said...

Both of these are beautiful! Love that "shy bear" image. It is so cute. Your coloring on these is wonderful! Best, Curt

Dawn Frost said...

I LOVE shybears!! Your little guy is adorable! Love how you did both of the cards, nice!

Maria Matter said...

beautiful cards Holly!

I know the next few weeks will be overwhelmingly busy so...

Wishing you a very blessed holiday season and a very Merry Christmas!

big HUGS!

Becky said...

Both of these are lovely. I do love the "shy bear" he is the cutest little thing.

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow Holly!! Both of these cards are gorgeous hun!! I'm loving your coloring and you already know how I feel about Shy Bear!! :) Lovely images out today too!! Hope you're enjoying your weekend!!HUGS

Marlene said...

First card is elegant and second card is super cute...cuz you know EVERYONE love shy bears!

Alice Wertz said...

these are so cute! lovely cards, Holly!

Tammy said...

Super cards, love how Shy Bear looks like he's the sentiment on an ornament.

msfreida said...

These are fabulous Holly! I love Lynne's candle...oh what great sentiments come to mind! I love how you kept it simple too...really brings out the beauty of the image. You know I love all the Shy Bears, but this one especially...just love his mischievous look! :) This is such a great design too!

Well I don't think I will get caught up before Feb! After hearing our weather report, I rushed to at least get my outdoor decorations up before the temps plummeted. Boy am I glad I did! That wind is blistering cold! Now just to get the trees up and all my rooms decorated! Hmmm...may just be a scaled down version this year! I still have cards and gifts to finish...wish I could just hit the 'pause' button! Know any good elves around???

Hugs~

bumblebee creations said...

I love that little rollie pollie shy bear on the Christmas bulb!

Tina said...

Wow - this is a wonderful card. Love your coloring

xo\
tina

mommy scraps alot

House Revivals said...

Great cards! I have been wanting to try Copic markers for a while. They sell them downstairs in the Japanese bookstore. But I already have so many Prismacolor and Chartpak markers it's hard to justify buying more....

Vicki said...

Hello Holly! Both your cards are lovely...I really like the candle image! Hoping you have a wonderful holiday season!

HUGS!
Vicki