Wednesday, December 8, 2010

What's for Dinner?

Hi everyone and happy hump day! Well, yesterday the weatherman said we had a chance of snow flurries in the wee hours of the morning, but I see nothing out there. I was sure hoping for some even though I know the ground is too warm for anything to stick. I do hope we get at least one good snowfall this winter though.

We took Riley out to the park after work yesterday and walked through the woods. We let her off her leash for a bit of freedom and she had a grand old time following her nose to every hole and tree looking for anything she could. She did tree a possum and tried her best to scare him out, but he wasn't interested in playing with her. It was a fun time for all of us and the woods are so pretty. On the way home we saw a stray cat, a rabbit, and a group of deer to bark at.

When we got home from the park Brock fixed Riley's dinner and then it was up to me to fix us something to eat, which leads me to today's card.


(click to enlarge)

This is the adorable Phat Boy Ardee that Marlene Shaw has drawn. When I saw his finger pointing up I knew I wanted him to be pointing at a menu. I created the blackboard in Adobe Photoshop elements by choosing a black background and then added my text in white. That's what you get when you eat at my house - you get what I fix or you don't eat! LOL!

I hope your day is wonderful and that something happens to make your heart happy! Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

*Vicki* said...

LOL!! This is just too cute Holly!! I love the chalk board looking panel!! Your coloring on the chef looks awesome!! I'm sure Marlene is proud!! :) HUGS

Linda said...

This is so cute. I love the way you made a blackboard. I have PSE. I have to play and see if I can do something like that. What a great idea. You are so cleaver.

Maria Matter said...

this is really cute! love your blackboard! great card Holly!

have a happy day!
hugs & blessings!

Marlene said...

I am so proud!! Heehee!!! You've done a great job with little PhatBoyArdee here....he looks so stinkin' cute with that blackboard menu! (What a great idea!)

Thanks for doin' him justice...as you do with so many!

Shawna said...

A good line to have on hand in ANY kitchen!!! Love your blackboard!

Chesney said...

I love this one. Black and red really pop and the tie accents at the bottom add a nice touch.

bumblebee creations said...

that is so cool Holly! it really looks like a chalk board!! Love it!

Becky said...

I love it!!

Dawn Frost said...

Wow great minds think alike, lol! I have a sign in my kitchen very similar. Love it!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

sounds like my house. tho' there is a third one... RESERVATIONS!!!!

super cute!

hugs :)

Kim said...

Holly I love this!!!! That's meals here too! We also have alot of "every man for himself" nights!

Vicki said...

Holly how cute is that! I love your chalkboard. Sounds like your walk in the woods was fun and Riley very definitely enjoys his freedom! I hope you get a little bit of snow hon!

HUGS!
Vicki