Sunday, December 5, 2010

When Pigs Fly

Hi everyone! I hope you are enjoying your weekend! I spent a day shopping yesterday - almost all day long! My best friend and I got an early morning start and went to several little boutique type stores. I have the bulk of my Christmas shopping done and was just looking for any little items that might "jump out" at me as being the perfect gift for someone. Unfortunately I didn't come home with anything other than dog food, cat food, and dog treats! It was still fun and the weather was beautiful!
We enjoyed lunch together in a restaurant I've been wanting to try for a while. I got a Reuben sandwich and it was delicious!

After I got home I wrote out the grocery list and got all of that shopping done. Brock was happy with leftovers for dinner so I was able to sit down and work on some cards. The first one I want to share with you uses another one of this week's new releases. Did you get a chance to see the new images at Squigglefly? Aren't they fabulous? I chose to get off the Christmas theme for a bit and used the new Wanda image by Suzanne Urban



(click to enlarge)

I love this image! I printed out fairly large because it's got the sentiment on it already and looks like a completed front! I colored with Copic markers and colored pencils. I added glitter to her sprouting wings.

I plan on getting a lot of card making done today. Will most definitely finish up my Christmas cards and then I've got to make more birthday cards, and I'm already seeing Valentines on blogs - YIKES!

Enjoy your day, and thanks for looking!

15 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

HOw funny!! what an adorable piggy!

Shawna said...

You will make an ugly card the day pigs fly ---- never! Such a cute, funny card! Enjoy your card-making day!!! I couldn't resist the little penguin in this week's release.

Becky said...

Sounds like you had a great time yesterday. Love this cute image.

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

hahahaha! love it!

Shelley said...

Ummm, hate to admit it, but I collect flying pigs! Actually only have about 5, 2 of cast iron. I will have to put this stamp on my Christmas list. Love the card.

Tracey said...

Hi Holly, hope you are well :) I love this card it's such fun!

Have a great week.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Dawn B. said...

I grew up on a pig farm..LOVE this.. You picked the perfect paper.. Great job.. SOunds like your shopping was fun and glad your pets will be well fed...Hugs.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

now THAT is very funny! super card. love your colors.

we know RILEY is going to have a fabulous xmas!!!

hugs :)

*Vicki* said...

LOL! This image is so funny!! Great coloring on this Holly!! Fab colors!!HUGS

Vicki said...

Holly it sounds like your shopping day was fabulous! Your card is phenmominal! Holly your coloring just rocks!

HUGS!
Vicki

Marlene said...

Oh your piggy is so cute! This piggy will be making an appearance on my blog tomorrow, too. :)

A Reuben, huh? Those are my hubby's faves, too!

kasthurirajam said...

wow.......what a beautiful funny card

Dawn Frost said...

Very funny card, Holly! Love the little glittery wings on the back, lol!

Maria Matter said...

oh I LOVE this Holly! too fun, I just noticed the little wings! lol!!

hugs & blessings!

Alice Wertz said...

such a fun card!