Thursday, December 9, 2010

Wreath Hinge Card

Hi everyone! I hope your week is going well. I know so many people who are suffering from some kind of stomach virus right now, so I hope you are all healthy and feeling well! I'm doing my best to avoid getting sick - even went and got a flu shot this year!

Well after a little break from Christmas cards I'm back to them today! Today's card uses a simple Holly Wreath from Squigglefly, and what a deal this is at only 99 cents!


(click to enlarge)

I colored it with Copic markers and then added some glitter to the holly berries. It was cut out with a label nestabilites die and I did some sponging with red ink along the edge. Then I mounted it on a piece of evergreen card stock that was cut with a larger die. I cut two of these and made it into a hinge card by placing an eyelet in the upper left corner. Holes were punched in the front green layer so I could tie some red and white baker's twine around the card.


(click to enlarge)

here's a look at it fully opened


(click to enlarge)

The greeting inside is from a Stampin' Up! set, but it didn't stamp clearly so I went over it with a white gel pen so it looks a little squiggley! I added one of the holly leaf stickers from Recollections as an accent in the corner. I love those stickers!

Wishing you a happy day, and thanks for looking!

15 comments:

Vicki said...

I love the concept of the hinge card Holly! Such a festive card and I think I used that wreath a lot last year...forgot I had it! I need to get it out and use it before it is too late for this season! Have a great day Holly!

HUGS!
Vicki

Nana Bev said...

Whoa ... amazing. Love the card. Great idea.

Dawn B. said...

I haven't tried one of these hinge cards.. I love this Holly. What a great idea.. I may have to try this for next year.. Have a great day..

P.S.. saw on the news that it snowed in Alabama.. Maybe we can have a white Christmas. one can only hope..

Linda said...

Beautiful card Holly. I haven't tried one of these. I love that dark green. Very pretty.

Shawna said...

Fabulous card Holly! Love that hinged style and you rocked the coloring on that wreath.

Maria Matter said...

how cool! Beautifully done too! I sooo need to step out of my comfortable cardmaking box! lol
Have a great day Holly!
hugs & blessings!

bumblebee creations said...

Love it Holly!! Don't you hate when you have a card all finished and you stamp the sentiment and it isn't right?!! Great fix!! Don't miss the cards on my latest post -most are SF!

*Vicki* said...

Holly, your holly wreath is stunning!! I love the project you've made with this clever tag design!! :) TFS! HUGS

Dawn Frost said...

Love the wreath and the hinge is great Holly. That red and white cord is sure popular I've been seeing it everywhere! Thanks for sharing.

Sue W said...

Great card and well coloured.

I just bought the stamp. Really nice one.

I like the idea of the hinge card. It's different.

Off to try my hand at it. Thanks.

Sue Canada

Marlene said...

So pretty! I love the baker's twine. I have some but haven't gotten around to using it yet. Kick me in the arse already, eh?

Kim said...

This is so pretty! What a great idea!!!

acreativeneed said...

What a great idea Holly! Love it!!
smiles,Deena

acreativeneed said...

What a great idea Holly! Love it!!
smiles,Deena

Tammy said...

Wonderful tag and the wreath is beautifully colored.