Thursday, January 13, 2011

Birthday Bear

Hi everyone! Wow, what a cold snap we're having here! I do love the colder temperatures, but with the wind making it a chilly 7 degrees it's cramping my morning walk with Riley. She still gets plenty of exercise outdoors during the day while I'm at work, but my legs (and butt!) are in dire need of our walk!

I'm working on birthday cards for my stash, and this sweet little Baby Bear Roses image by Diane Carubia was calling my name to be colored!


(click to enlarge)

Isn't he just the sweetest little thing? I colored him with Copic markers and chalked some blue around him. I added a touch of sparkle with some stickles on the butterflies. I went with my favorite purple color and tied some eyelash yarn around the paper. The sentiment is my favorite Birthday Wishes by Jess Holland.

Today is the beginning of a brand new challenge on Squigglefly's groups at Papercraft Planet and on SNR Card Universe! With all the football bowl games going on lately, Heather and Pat have decided to have a bowl of their own! They will be hosting the Color Bowl! There will be a total of three prizes and you have TWO WEEKS to get your projects completed. I hope you will be joining in on the fun too, and even if you don't play along come see all the eye candy!


Yesterday my sister-in-law sent me a link to video of an amazingly talented drummer. This little boy is only FOUR YEARS OLD, and he can drum like nobody's business! The facial expressions he makes are so cute. Anyway, I thought it was cute enough to share. If you can't see the video from my blog, you can view it on You Tube HERE



I doubt there is any question as to what this child is going to do in his life!

Well, enjoy your Thursday and thanks for looking!

15 comments:

Carole RB said...

Hi Holly

Your card is very very cute. I love it.

Have a nice day!

Tammy said...

Sweet card Holly. Love the purple.

Little tyke is quiet the drummer, amazing. But as a parent all I can say is ugh, imagine all the practicing!

Nana Bev said...

Cute card, Holly. Love the way you pulled the colors together from the background layer into the bouquet. Nice!

Pam in Ar. said...

Holly, You Made my day! That little guy is so cute!! My grandson plays drums in his school band and I'm going to send this link to him, I think he will get such a kick out of it...I just LOVE it! The little guy's facial expressions are adorable and he looks like he's having so much fun doing it too :) I have a friend here in town that has adopted two Chinese girls she has GOT to see this...thanks so much for sharing :)

Oh yah, the card....LOL, as usual, it's awesome.....I didn't know that yarn/ribbon was called eyelash.....I learned something today :) Stay warm!!!

Shawna said...

AWWWWW! That is just too sweet! Love that fluffy embelishment!

bumblebee creations said...

What a little drummer boy!
what a cute card too!!! Awww...

Dawn Frost said...

Hi Holly love your little bear card, especially the wild ribbon, lol!

msfreida said...

Oh I could just put that lil guy in my pocket! How adorable! But I am thankful Carson chose guitar instead of drums! :) teehee

This card is adorable as well! That expression on his face just melts my heart...look at those eyes! Oh yeah, he's a 'player'! LOL I love the clean design of this sketch and the yarn gives the perfect punch! FABULOUS card! :)

Stay warm!
Hugs~

Dawn B. said...

This is such a sweet card. I love the fun fiber you used as your embellishment.. Great card Holly.. Oh how I wish I could drum like that. I always wanted to be musically talented.

Marlene said...

He IS adorable. Love the soft colors you used.

Boy, I need the walk too. About a trillion miles' worth.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

omgoodness! is that card the cutest or what????? and that kid is super talented - wow!

you asked for cold - you got cold. usually comes with the snow! enjoy!

hugs :)

Rosietoes said...

Lovely card - like the fibres!
I've seen this wee drummer boy before - his talent is awesome.

Edna x

acreativeneed said...

Such a sweet card Holly!! Cute little drummer too, thanks for sharing!
smiles,Deena

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Cute card! Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog too! I'll let you know how things turn out next week. and maybe the week after, if that new baby gets here too!

*Vicki* said...

Hi Holly!! WOW!! I think your card is just adorable hun!! I so love the colors and that sweet image!! :)

Now...for our "little drummer boy"...holy cow!!! My 14 year old son even came to the computer to see what it was about!! LOL!! He seems to be enjoying himself there and that is what I LOVE to see!! :) TFS! HUGS