Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Cold Hearts and Cold Noses

Hi everyone! I am going to share some pictures of our SNOW DAY! If you aren't interested in pictures of Riley in the snow, then scroll on down for today's card!

It was a powdery snow and not much good for snowman making, but Riley and I had a blast anyway. You know I had to make a snowangel




and then while the snow was till so untouched, I drew a heart partly to show that I {heart} snow, but also because I have valentines on the brain these days!



We found some rabbit tracks and a bit of rabbit fur in the snow and Riley had to investigate



Look here you can see some of the rabbit fur she smelled is stuck to her muzzle! Ha ha!



It was a fun day!


Now for today's card! I finally got started on my thank you cards!


(click to enlarge)

Didn't this turn out pretty? I used the flower basket image by Eline Pelinkhoff and colored it with Copic markers. I added a bit of yellow stickles to the center of the flowers.
The pretty lotus blossom nestabilities frames it nicely and dresses it up a bit.

The sentiment was printed with my computer. It's kind of a plain and simple layout, but that's what I was going for!

One more thing - you need to go and check out the video tutorial that Loretta Rodger made! She made the sweetest little Valentine and shares a couple of more awesome projects. Go check out her video HERE.

No more snow days for me. I'm back to work today! I hope your day is a happy one, and thanks for looking!

14 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh my goodness, fun pictures of Riley covered with snow. He's such a happy puppy!

Lovely card and coloring. Beautiful color and I how it is framed by the lotus blossom.

Teressa Thompson said...

Love your card and the pics of your fun day in the snow!

Elaine A said...

Holly -

Your card is beautiful. It is so colorful and cheerful, love it. I also love your heart and snow angel. But the sweetest thing on today's post is Ms. Riley. Its hard to tell who had the most fun, Riley or you!

Elaine Allen

Pam in Ar. said...

I really like how you used the lotus nestie. behind your colored image...it really completed the card..very pretty :)
Riley looks like she had so much fun in the snow, I never get tired of looking at pictures of the things she does...always makes me smile :) Thanks for sharing and think of work this way....only two more days until Friday LOL Happy Hump Day!

Shawna said...

Simple cards have a lot of impact I think and I love yours!! Thanks for sharing the pics of your snow day --- looks like you both had a lot of fun! We got dumped on over night and I am trying to figure out a way to ship it to your house! LOL

msfreida said...

Oh Riley just makes life fun...with or without snow! :) I can't believe ours is hanging around for as long as it is...even with the sunshine! I've had my feel, now come on Spring! :)

I love the simplicity of your card! I adore baskets and I'm obsessed with flower images, so having both is twice the pleasure! What an AWESOME image! Love your coloring too, and that die cut really adds the elegance! What a BEAUTIFUL card, Holly!

Finally, hubby is back at work so I'm hoping to get some play time in. One of my New Year resolutions was to get my scraproom organized so I need to work on that in order to find my table! UGHHH...

Hugs~

bumblebee creations said...

Glad you had fun in the snow Holly--come visit anytime!! Love your card and I love the sentiment--have a great day!

Wanda said...

Well, girl, I can sure tell Riley had a blast. I know he enjoyed all that snow so much. And the snow angel was nice - I know you all were glad to get back in to get warm. It's sure been cold down here in NC and the snow was not well for a snowman either. Glad you all have an enjoyable day.

*Vicki* said...

So glad you had a fun snow day sweetie!! :) Your card is gorgeous with all of the blue colors!! Very lovely design sweetie!!HUGS

Becky said...

Yes it did turn out pretty..:) Beautiful colors.

Love the pictures of Rily. Always puts a smile on my face. :)

Dawn Frost said...

Wow I love how you framed the pansies. Its clean, simple and very elegant!

Vicki said...

What fun Holly! You have been blessed with snow! I know how you love it! And that snow angel and heart are cool...lol no pun intended! And Riley definitely had a great time. Your card today is beautiful, I love that nestability. And your image is colored so beautifully. Have fun in the snow!

HUGS!
Vicki

Dawn B. said...

We got some snow too.. We have not had school all week. I finally got out of my driveway after hours of shoveling. We had snow then ice.. Looks like you had fun. Love your snow angel..:) Great card by the way too.

Marlene said...

Hey - I didn't know you had that much snow?!!

Lovely card....I really need to get crackin' on sympathy cards and thank you cards. Can't be ALL snark eh?