Saturday, January 15, 2011

Doctor's Orders

Hi everyone! I had to get an early start to my weekend because my friend is taking her car into the shop to have some work done on it, and she wanted some company while it was being done. Well, I couldn't turn her down - she's my best friend; and besides that she's offered to buy me breakfast!

Have you been to Squigglefly this morning to see all the new images? Aren't they marvelous? The card I have to share with you today uses one of the new images. It's called Doc and is drawn by Rich Davis.


(click to enlarge)

I did this for the Color Bowl Challenge on Squigglefly's group at Papercraft Planet. The PCP group has to use black in their project. I chose to use some black brads as bullets for the "doctor's orders" on my card. The image is colored with Copic markers and chalk. All of the wording is computer generated. Wanna see the inside?


(click to enlarge)

I think this card would be great for a male birthday, and really just anyone who has a sense of humor!

Squigglefly's SNR Card Universe is joining this Color Bowl challenge for a bit of friendly competition. There's prizes up for grabs for both challenges and another one for someone who combines the two challenges! I really hope you'll take a bit of time to play along. You have until January 27th to get your projects in.

Don't forget to join us tonight for Digi Day at 7pm (CST) right HERE!
Okay, I'm off to go have some breakfast! See you later, and have a great day!

17 comments:

Tammy said...

Holly, Doc is perfect! Love this image and your sentiment is right on. Too fun!

Becky said...

hahaha..This is cute. Great image and sentiment.

Dawn B. said...

haha..this is adorable.. I love the sentiment. It is perfect. Great job Holly.

Linda said...

So clever. I love funny cards.

Shawna said...

ROTFL! Love it!

Spyder said...

Hehehehe...(although I don't actually laugh like that!) Great card! and yes, over on Quirky Crafts, I quite like that card too! 'Out of this world fun!' Don't forget to vote, there's only just about an hour left to do so, and I think you can have three goes!!

((Lyn))

Betty J Schaub said...

Oh Holly this is too fun!
I'm trying to follow doctors orders but you are quite right, they don't know how to party. :O)
Seamus sends kisses to Riley.

bumblebee creations said...

Have fun today--Holly! Loving the new images over at SF today! I will be posting a card Emily made with a sF image today--hope you can come and check it out!

Horsebroad said...

And I know a doctor that should see this card! Very cute!

Dawn Edwards said...

What a Fun Card! I need to get this image! Love it! Thanks for the inspiration I love your cards.

Maria Matter said...

too funny! wonderful card Holly!
hugs & blessings!

Sue said...

This is too funny. Love it!

~Jeri~ said...

This is too cute! I do believe I'll be lifting this for my sisters birthday coming up next week. She's got a sense of humor that would appreciate this! Awesome!

Kim said...

OMG!!!! This is too funny!!!!! Can I borrow the wording??

*Vicki* said...

LOL!! Holly, this is just too cute!! I love your use of the black concept on this card and your soft colors are wonderful! It looks so serious at first until you read it!! LOL!! :)

Dawn Frost said...

LOL I love humour this is a great one! Great colouring and background.

Marlene said...

Ha ha ha!! I love it!!! And I love that image!!