Monday, January 17, 2011

Featuring A Couple of Challenge Cards

Good morning everyone! I hope you had a great weekend! Mine was really good even though it went by a little quicker than I would have liked. I did get ample play time in!

Before I get to the cards I want to share with you, I want to remind you all to go have a look at the Squigglefly Blog because it's a new challenge today and today is Chelsea's group to shine! If you're lucky enough to have today off for Martin Luther King day, why not try to play along for a prize? There are a lot of FREE IMAGES for you to use!

The cards I want to share today were made for the Featured Stamper challenge on Splitcoast Stampers. The gallery we could pick from was a wonderful one!

The first card I CASED can be seen HERE, and here is my card


(click to enlarge)

This was really fast to make! I used the tulip border from Spring Suite II and just repeated it along the width of the card. I used colored pencils to color it. Colored pencils on Kraft card stock just looks so nice!

I printed the words with my computer and pierced a row of dots leading to it. It's hard to see in the photo, but I also pierced the "i"'s in the wording. I used a 1/8th inch hole punch to make little notches on the sides of the card to help hold the twine in place.

Well, after making that I found another card in the gallery that she did on Kraft card stock and since I still had a piece left over I decided to make another! The second card I CASED is THIS ONE, and here is my card


(click to enlarge)

I used the Flower Pot image by Rich Davis for this card. Again, it's colored with colored pencils. I added the speckles by using a brown Blo Pen. Those things are so much fun to use and I like the look!

I did originally hand doodle a line around the image like the one in the card I was CASING, but I didn't like it so I cut it off! I think this might need a sentiment added to it, but for now I'm leaving it because I can't make up my mind.

On the home front, yesterday my husband surprised me with an early Valentine's Day present! He went to the store and came home with such a surprise; he got me a DIAMOND RING! It's so BIG! Here's a picture of me wearing it.


(you don't need to click to enlarge - it's pretty damn big now!)

LOL! Isn't he just SO sweet?! I got a laugh out of it.

Wow! what a deal he got - only 99cents!


I'm off to see what the design team has come up with for the Blog Challenge now! Have a wonderful day, and thanks for looking!

15 comments:

Stephanie said...

Two adorable cards, Holly! If I could use kraft on every card, I bet I would......well, that and buttons.....lol Love the little row of flowers the best. It's just cute and simple!

Teressa Thompson said...

LOL that ring is awesome! I dare you to wear it to the next work event that he brings you to! *evil laugh*

Love the cards too! Good to see you~!

Tee

Linda said...

Beautiful cards. I love the little flowers. But that ring WOW you are a lucky girl.LOL I bet you turn it in to something like the center of a flower. That was very nice of your hubby to think of you.

Shawna said...

Love that ribbon treatment on the second card. And very clever of you to use a punch to hold the cord in place. Oh, and your ring is stunning!;-)

Tammy said...

Both cards are absolute winners. My favorite is the tulips, and the sentiment is a real invitation for love. Fabulous ring, I would be afraid to wear it in public, someone might try to steal it! Nice husband you have.

*Vicki* said...

LOL!! I have to laugh at the ring!! I've never seen such a thing!! You took that joke very well hun!! :)

And for your cards...Holly, I don't know if it's the pencils you've colored with or something else you've used, but I am LOVING how it has a nice shimmer!! The images are gorgeous and the top card with the border is very CAS and sweet!! TFS!! HUGS

Biscuitlid said...

love teh cards - first one is my fav!! Love the ring too, I used to have one of those as a keyring, kinda wished it had been the real thing though!

Love
Victoria
x

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

ooooo fabulous cards but that ring!!!! holy crap! it's gynormous! I WANT ONE!!!!!

hugs :)

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Lol. that is something my DH would have pulled. Too funny! Love the cards you cased, Holly!

House Revivals said...

You made me laugh again. My husband must not love me as much as your husband loves you, 'cause I've never gotten a ginormous diamond like that!

Thanks for visiting House Revivals -- yes cutting out the letters is a pain in the behind. You notice I used a short word.
~Amanda

Pam in Ar. said...

LOL, Brock is such a "JEWEL", AR AR get it?? LOL, he sure knows how to win a girls heart doesn't he!

Love the cards...they do shimmer :)and aparkle...just like that ring :/

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Hi holly! hope all is well. LOVE the big diamond ring! LOL too cute! and the cards are adorable! I love the CAS look. :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Love the diamond ring. Too fun!!

Your cards are so springy and absolutely beautiful!!

hugs,
Chris

Marlene said...

Gorgeous cards, as always, Miss Holly!

Your hubby - he's a keeper, that one! LOL!

Dawn Frost said...

Your husband has the same humour as mine! Robin would love it, lol. Great cards Holly and a lovely early valentine present!