Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Green & Silver Challenge

Hi everyone! Yesterday I was given the honor of being the Make It Monday featured blogger on Pink Paper Paradise! I was so glad to have the opportunity to share some older things. I've gotten so many new followers since I first posted my Boob Book. I hope you'll take a bit of time today to go and see it if you missed it the first time!

Well, did you go to the Squigglefly Blog Challenge yesterday and see what the challenge is this week? Chelsea has given everyone the challenge of using the colors green and silver and then to add a flower of some kind to your project. I thought the design team's samples were absolutely over the top! Be sure to go take a look if you haven't already - and come play along! I did, and here is my project



(click to enlarge)


I chose the Delicate Layered Cake drawn by Angie Davis. I colored with Copic markers and then added some silver glitter here and there to the cake, but the glitter isn't showing up too well in the photo. I also have a touch of silver in the corner with a decorative metal tab. My flowers are already on the cake!

If you need more challenges, there is still the Color Bowl challenge going on at both Squigglefly's groups on SNR Card universe and on Papercraft Planet!

Have a great day, and thanks for looking!

15 comments:

Tammy said...

Beautiful image and wonderful coloring and color choices. Love the silver tab. Great card Holly.

Linda said...

Oh my goodness that boob book is funny!!!
I love this card and that silver tab looks so pretty.
I haven't gone to the challenges maybe later today.
Hugs,
Linda

Nana Bev said...

Love this card, Holly. Colors are so dynamic.

Pam in Ar. said...

I really like the metal tab in the corner...did you make the bow with the fork??

*Vicki* said...

Oh how yummy Holly!! I adore your cake image with these colors!! Fabulous use of them hun and your metal tab is very cool!! :)

Yes...your boob book is fabby hun!! :) HUGS

Renee said...

LOVE the metal tag corner!! The card is just gorgeous has is your coloring! hugz n blessings.

bumblebee creations said...

Your cake is just precious-o-looks good enough to eat! Umnn... maybe I better go get some lunch!

Chelsea said...

Holly, I love your take on my challenge! Thanks for playing along! :)

Becky said...

Awesome job on this challenge Holly. Love this delicious cake and the silver corner.

Shawna said...

Yummy colors, fantastic coloring.

Dawn Frost said...

Beautiful cute card Holly, love the background paper.

Marlene said...

You rocked the challenge, girl! Lovely card!

Sandy Ang said...

Yummy card ! And your Boob book is too funny. I laughed out loud when I saw it.

Maria Matter said...

very pretty Holly! the silver tab is a great touch!!

Dawn B. said...

This is a beautiful image.. Reminds me of the wedding cake my step daughter had at her wedding.. Great job and the metal tab is the perfect embellishment..