Friday, January 21, 2011

No crafting today

Happy Friday everyone! Yesterday we were promised snow and we did get some, but to my disappointment it wasn't much. It was really pretty while it was coming down though!
I did get off work an hour early because of the weather and I want to show you what I did with my time after I got home - and it doesn't have a thing to do with crafting!

About a week ago I saw this post and thought that the "before" photo of her pantry looked just like mine! So, I contacted her and ordered three of the carousel shelves. they arrived the day before yesterday, and I was just waiting for the right time to start.

First of all I have to give this guy tons of credit for how well he packed these. he had pieces of foam between each carousel to protect them, and everything was packaged in little bags labeled so you know exactly what's what. He even included the drill bits that you need to drill holes!

His instructions were very clear and the installation went smoothly. These things are made to go in the corner, but we have a support piece in the corner of our pantry and I didn't want to remove it and place support elsewhere so I just put them on the shelves in another location.

Here are the before photos of my pantry



Now, I didn't go to a lot of trouble making my pantry look all pretty like the girl in that post did - I just wanted it more organized. I removed everything and cleaned the shelves, but I didn't paint or anything.

Here are the after shots




The carousels are on the right in the top photo. It's amazing how much these things hold, and they are sturdy enough that you can place pretty heavy things on them. they spin smoothly and are super quiet. There is a little clear lip around the edge to keep things from sliding off. I am super impressed by these and am thinking of getting one of the smaller ones he makes for under the kitchen sink. I thought the price was extremely reasonable too - only $29.00 per carousel!

Anyway, I wanted to share it with all of you because I am a happy camper!

I wish I had a card to show you with one of the new images that will be in Squigglefly's store tomorrow, but I got caught up in my pantry and didn't make a card to show you! I promise to have a card tomorrow!
Enjoy your Friday and thanks for looking!

14 comments:

Stephanie said...

Great job on your pantry, Holly!!! It looks awesome! We are currently on a 2-hour delay due to the snow......but, if we get cancelled, which is what I "think" will happen......I'll be on a sneak peek in a heartbeat! Too many meetings this week let me no time to create! Happy Friday to you!

Tammy said...

Oh wow, will you come and organize mine?

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

looks fabulous! we have those crappy wire shelves in ours. i need to put boards over them. not to mention the onion skins i need to sweep up! you are free to come over and do mine anytime!

hugs :)

Pam in Ar. said...

The pantry looks great :) Makes you feel good doesn't it!

Happy Friday, it's COLD!!!!!

Marie Gamber said...

Maybe you could help me. I love Squigglefly stamps. however, sine I bought my new Asus computer, I cannot access the store anymore. I can reach the challenge site but not the store. I get this message
404 Page Not Found
The page you requested was not found.
What can I do?
mariegamber@comcast.net
http://thejoyofcards.blogspot.com

*Vicki* said...

Wow girl!! NOW that is some cleaning out!! Winter is an excellent time to do that!! I like to try and do some of these things in the evening time...for some reason it is calming to me! LOL!!

Love those turn thingys!! Very cool! TFS!! Looking forward to seeing your card tomorrow!! :)

Becky said...

Now this is organization! :)

Maria Matter said...

Wow, great job Holly! your pantry looks wonderful all organized!
take care & enjoy your wknd!
hugs & blessings!

Linda said...

Nice job! Come and do mine please!LOL

Marlene said...

I have pantry envy. Mine is a third the size of yours! Hmmmpffff.

Kim said...

good work....just wish I had a pantry!!!! LOL!

Dawn B. said...

My pantry needs an overhaul too.. This is awesome.. I love it.. Great job on this Holly.

Val W said...

Oh dear, now I'm inspired to tear into my pantry. It needs an overhaul anyway, as we've started on a new dietary adventure since my hubby has kidney troubles, and his doctor has put him on what I call, the "no-anything" diet...no salt, no meat, no processed foods, limited fats, no cheese, no packaged mixes, etc. I figure we're in this together, so I'm eating the same way. It's changing the make-up of our cupboards and pantry. So this would be a great time to clean out and refill with the "good" foods we've started to use more of. As I said, "It's an adventure."

Decorchick! said...

Looks so great Holly! Glad you are happy with them, they are awesome! xo