Sunday, January 23, 2011

Paying Homage To Marlene

Hi everyone! How's your weekend going? Mine is going by too quickly, but I'm blending the fun and the work to a nice balance! Yesterday I got all of my grocery shopping for the week done and cleaned around the house some, but I still had time to take Riley for a walk and make a card with one of the new images from Squigglefly! Have you been by to see all the new images? There are some wonderfully fun ones as well as some great Easter images! You know Easter will be here before we know it!

For my card today I chose Perturbed Tilly by Marlene Shaw. Everyone knows how much fun Marlene has with her witty sentiments, so I took the opportunity to pay homage to Marlene by making a snarky card of my own with her drawing.


(click to enlarge)

Tilly reminds me a lot of the character Mimi from the old Drew Carey show, so I colored her with Mimi in mind. I used copic markers and chalked around the image while it was still in the die.

My sentiment was printed on the computer in a font called Cricket. I followed a sketch on Sketch Saturday for my layout, and embossed the swirls on some Cored'nation card stock and then sanded it to bring the pattern out.

Here's the inside of the card


(click to enlarge)

today is your last chance to play in Squigglefly's blog challenge, and the Color bowl challenge taking place on SNR and PCP will end on Thursday - so why not play along in that while your hubby's are watching football today?

I plan on crafting lots today! I hope you get a chance to also! Have a fantastic Sunday, and thanks for looking!

18 comments:

Stephanie said...

Holly...........This is so funny! I love it. I immediately thought she looked like Mimi, too. Great job on this one. Love the sanded paper, the colors you chose for her hair and dress, and the patterned paper you chose. Too funny!

*Vicki* said...

BWWHAA!!! You're right...she DOES remind you of Mimi!! LOL!! I love your colors on this and I think Marlene's snarky is rubbing off on all of us!!! LOL!! Way to go Marlene!! :)

*Vicki* said...

OH....and I LOVE your sentiment idea too!! ROTFLMAO

Tammy said...

What a hoot of a card! Too funny! Tilly does look like Mimi, great fun card.

Pam in Ar. said...

Great card, love the sentiment :)

Have fun crafting:)

Peg Coombes - pegcraftalot said...

Bet Marlene loves this one! great card

Debra said...

Fantastic job and you are right she does remind me of MIMI! Perfect! TFS

Linda said...

Ha Ha Ha so funny! I love it!

Marlene said...

Lol! Mimi! You're bang on with that one! Love what you did with my Tilly! She looks like such a snarky little twit! Your card is so much fun...and I LOVE the wisecrack sentiment!

Betty J Schaub said...

OMW! This is too stinkin' FUNNY!!!

Boni said...

OMG she is Mimi!! LOL You and Marlene are my favorite stops for snark and humor!! You ROCK! This made me totally LOL, I think I ripped my Big Girl Panties a while back.....

bumblebee creations said...

What a super duper card!! I am totally loving the new images!!

Kim said...

This is soo funny! Love your card!!!

Dawn B. said...

LOL she does look like Mimi.. What a great way to honor Marlene.. She has a great sense of humor.. Super job..wish I had had a productive weekend..

acreativeneed said...

SOOOO Mimi!! lol Such a fun card Holly!
smiles,Deena

Maria Matter said...

lol, too funny!

Heather the MooseLover said...

What a riot! I love what you did with Ms. Tilly and that background is great.

Cazza said...

He he he, what a fab card!!

Thanks for joining in the fun this week over on Sketch Saturday :o)

Hugs,
Cazza
xxx