Saturday, January 8, 2011

Rosy Cheeks

There's an update at the end of this post - so scroll down if you only saw the panty card because there's a freebie at the end!

Hi everyone! I'm posting much later than usual today, I know but I got a late start this morning (went to bed way late!) and then I wanted to make this card using one of the new images from Squigglefly! Have you been to the store today and seen them all? there are some great ones.

I have been wanting to make this kind of card for a while now, but when I saw The Friends Are Like Butt Cheeks sentiment in today's release I couldn't put it off any longer.


(click to enlarge)

The panty template is a free one offered by Stamp owl on her blog HERE. I sponged a little pink on the folded card and cut her out some purple with black polka dots panties! Then I added some lace with a Fiskars border punch.

I printed the first part of the sentiment on to some scrap card stock and then punched it with a tag punch and sponged some lovely lilac ink and added a black ribbon. The tag is slipped into the top of the panty and does come out. Here's a look at the rest of the sentiment on the inside of the card


(click to enlarge)

I already have this card ready to go to someone! the great thing about the template is that you can make a matching bra card to go with it and get both cards from one sheet of card stock.

Well, I'm off to clean house so I can play more later. I'm still hoping we get some SNOW tomorrow, so keep your fingers crossed with me!
Thanks for looking!

UPDATE: I used the rest of the card stock to make a matching bra card. The sentiment is one I printed on my computer, but I'm offering it free if any of you want it for a bra card of your own.
(click to enlarge)

(click to enlarge)
You can get the sentiment on Squigglefly's group at Papercraft Planet HERE

19 comments:

Dana said...

Holly this is just too funny!! You are "cracking" me up!! Thanks for sharing the template link too!
Hugs~
Dana

eiyiyi said...

Thanks Holly, I'm ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!! hugs, eileen

Tammy said...

Oh my goodness, what a butt! Love the lace trim. Just a fun, fun card.

*Vicki* said...

BWWHAA!!! Oh girl you hit the nail on the head here!! I so love this sentiment...and what a perfect way to use it too!! :) You CRACK me up girl!!

Shelley said...

ROFLMBO! That is just too cute. All my girlfriends would get such a kick out of that verse, you've put a big smile on my face.

Pam in Ar. said...

BAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I'm laughing my BUTT CHEEKS off ;)

bumblebee creations said...

TOoo funny Holly! I am off to see the newbies!!

Elaine A said...

Holly -

OMG! This is just hilarious. I love it! What a super job you've done.

Elaine Allen

Dawn B. said...

OMGoodness.. I know the perfect friend I could send this to. You made me laugh..Great card.. Good luck with the cleaning. We are suppose to get snow too.

Stephanie said...

As mentioned on yesterday's forum posts, Holly.........These are both just awesome!!! You did a lovely job and I think I chuckle every time I take a look! Too cute!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

only you!!!! super fun!

you can have the snow. don't want it here!

hugs :)

Pam in Ar. said...

I saved the link to my favorites yesterday......BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....still laughing :) It's COLD out there!!!!!

Dawn Frost said...

I LOVE THEM BOTH!!! LOL Awesome.

House Revivals said...

OMG! You're killing me! These totally remind me of my best friend of thirty years!

P.S. No skills involved in felting/fulling an old sweater, just use your washing machine and dryer. The roses were simply formed from strips of the wool with a scallop cut into one long edge, and coaxed into shape with a needle and thread :)
~Amanda

Vicki said...

Holly!!! How simply awesome! I LOVE it and I know the perfect person to send this type of card to!! TFS!

HUGS!
Vicki

Maria Matter said...

did I click on Victoria's Secret by accident????? haha Fabulous creations Holly!

Marlene said...

Four words lady:

YOU ARE THE SHIT! :)

Michelle said...

LOL, these are briliant!!

Thank you for linking up to Make It Monday again this week.

Michelle :-)

Reflections from Granny said...

These are just so darn cute!!

:)