Thursday, January 6, 2011

Sneak peek and something to make you laugh

Hi everyone! Is this week going by slow for everyone else? I don't know if it's because I was off for so many days or if I'm just excited for Squigglefly's new release to get here! I do know that my work days fly by because I've been busy with end of the year and first of the year stuff.

Well, I promised you another peek at one of the new images and here it is


(click to enlarge)

This is just one of a couple of new Shy Bears coming! It's called Bashful Valentine and I think it's so sweet. The little guy looks absolutely smitten with this girl bear doesn't he? I love the way he's just pushing the heart her way and hardly daring to glance at her! If he did glance at her he might see that she feels the same way - look at those hearts shooting around her head! LOL!

I colored this with Copic markers and used colored pencils for the shading behind them and for the floor. Bet you thought I was going to say I used chalk, didn't you?
I used a Quickie glue pen on the inside of his valentine and then sprinkled on some of the shredded glitter.

The sentiment is by Nina Bracket and can be found HERE. I changed the color to red using the same method I showed you yesterday. There is a heart dotting the "i", but I covered it up with a sparkling gem!

Here is a video I dare you to watch and not laugh - it's so cute! I don't know who is cuter, the baby or the dog!


If you can't see the video on my blog you can watch it on You Tube HERE

you laughed, didn't you? LOL! Well, I hope you carry that laughter with you all day long! Thanks for looking!

14 comments:

Dawn B. said...

This is such a sweet image.. Awww. Your coloring is terrific. This week is going slow. I am ready for another holiday. This video made me smile.. What a sweet pair.

Tammy said...

The video sure did make me smile. Nothing like a sheltie to keep a child herded and occupied. Your card also makes me smile. Love Shy Bears and this one is exceptional sweet. Great layout and coloring too.

Shawna said...

Adorable card --- and yes, I thought you were going to say "Chalk"!! :-) As for the week flying by, be careful. Blink and it will be Christmas again!!

Pam in Ar. said...

Bears are not really my thing but your coloring is! You do such a great job Holly...

I LOVED the video....the dog sure was playing with him...he sounded like Stella when she gallops through the house. Too cute when the baby picked up his passie and put it in his mouth. The little snort the baby made when he laughed was adorable, I just wanted to squeeze his little cheeks...thanks for sharing :)

Bring on Friday, it can't get here soon enough....

Dani said...

What a sweet card! Love it!!

Inger said...

Such a super sweet card Holly!!!
Love it! :))))

House Revivals said...

That bear card is really sweet. I so remember those days in grade school, with the kids shyly sharing their valentines!

Thanks for swinging by House Revivals -- I always enjoy your visits :)
~Amanda

bumblebee creations said...

Love the shy bears-cant wait to see more!! Thanks for sharing the video Holly--very cute!! Where do you find these things??

Renee said...

awww so cute love the bear image!! I always have fun making valentines for my sons 2nd grade class! love the sparkle. hugz n blessings

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

yep. laughed out loud. fabulous card!! can't wait for the new releases.

hugs :)

Vicki said...

Oh Holly!!! I laughed my hiney off!!! That was hilarious and I don't know who had to be the most tired! And how sweet the dog licking the baby's face! And how cute it that card! Wonderful job with the colored pencils! You know that one of the most darling shy bear image yet! I will be back to see the new images!

HUGS!
Vicki

*Vicki* said...

Holly, first your creation is just ACCCCK!! I do love these Shy Bears!! You knew that! :) Your coloring is gorgeous and the glitter is wow!!

And the video...if we could just bottle it up and carry it everywhere we go!!! sigh!! I love to hear little babies laugh like that and what a good doggie!! AWWWW!!! TFS!! HUGS

Justme said...

Hi Holly! How long has it been? I'm so happy you have your blog! I don't get here very often with my health issues, so its nice to see a familiar and still so pretty face! I remember our nice talk when you called me years back.
I'm so lost since our home was robbed and my stamps were taken too of course! Housebound and RA now and too many other things, leave me with my stamping when I can! You will see typos from the RA which is not nice to the hands!
Your sister is currently making Shy Bears again? Super! I alwas loved them. Thanks for the great blog and being here! DonnaBetty

Marlene said...

AWWWW!!! Shy Bears rock, and I love that Valentine image! So cute!!!