Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Sunflower Thanks

Happy hump day! Yesterday we tried out a new groomer. This one comes to your house and grooms them in a mobile pet spa. It costs quite a bit more, but it was faster and Riley wasn't kept in a kennel for hours on end. I loved the name of the company - Ultimutt Pet Spa! Anyway, she was WAY overdue for a grooming! They lady gave her the true Wire Haired Terrier cut which I'm not that fond of. I will have a go at her beard with the trimmer later, but here's how she looked minutes after her new "do".



(click to enlarge)
Of course now they are saying it's going to get really cold here again tomorrow night and I'm sure Riley will be feeling quite unprotected, and of course about twenty minutes after this photo was taken we took her to the park where she found not one, not two, but THREE holes to dig in! She is a little dirtier tonight, but she feels more like Riley not being spotlessly clean! LOL!

I have a quick thank you card to share with you today, and I really love how this one turned out!


(click to enlarge)

I used an image from Squigglefly called Sunflowers and colored it with Copic markers. The sentiment was done on my computer and printed at the same time as the image. I wrapped some brown hemp cord on the side and tied in a knot. It's very simple, but I really like it!

There's still lots of time to play in all of the Squigglefly challenges going on right now!

Squigglefly blog Challenge - use green, silver, and a flower
Squigglefly Color Bowl Challenge - PCP group - use something black
Squigglefly Color Bowl Challenge - SNR group - use something white
Squigglefly Color Bowl Challenge - Combination challenge - use something white and black!

There are some good prizes up for all of these challenges, so why not join in the fun? I'm off to work another day, but I'll be tomorrow! Have a wonderful day and thanks for looking!

16 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh Holly, Riley is absolutely adorable and her mischievous personality shines through. She probably prefers the smell of dirt perfume to ours.

Great card too. Love the mixture of DP.

Linda said...

I love Riley's new due. I have a tiny glass Wire Haired Terrier that my Grandmother gave me when I was very young. Riley looks just like it in this picture.
I love your card. I have been so busy getting ready for SP & Company stuff this week I haven't had time to go to Squigglefly. I hope I get there in time for all the fun. We have a hop tomorrow. I would love to have you stop by. Have a great Wednesday.

Pam in Ar. said...

Very pretty colors Holly and I like all of the different layers...the yarn/rope gives it a different look too...

I LOVE seeing pictures of Riley, she has such spirit :) Thanks for sharing with us today

Oh yah, BRING ON THE SNOW!!!!!!!!

Shawna said...

LOVE that card Holly!! And love the pic of Riley. She looks adorable!

freida said...

Before I get to Riley and your card, I must tell ya how much I have missed stopping by. I thought after Christmas MY life would resume...NOT! One of my closet friends has been battling her 2nd bout with cancer and she has 4 children under 7 (2 are twins). I had been staying with them while she was in the hospital. OMGoodness...I can tell I'm getting OLD...I just can't keep up with them! So until she gets her strength back, my mornin' visits will be sporadic. Please keep her and her precious family in your prayers.

It is sooo good to see MsRiley...she kills me how she's always camera-ready! What a 'luv'! She looks adorable whether she's groomed or not! ;)

This sunflower image is FABULOUS and I love the DPs you paired it with.The hemp goes so well with this theme! I quickly window shopped at Squigglefly yesterday and OMGosh...this is gonna take some TIME! What a GORGEOUS assortment!

Oh BTW...I've been able to get the 'concrete' poured on my blog, so as time permits, the 'walls' will be next! I really think there's something to the saying, "Can't teach an old dog new tricks"!

Sorry I wrote another book!
Hugs~

Elaine A said...

Hi Holly -

Ms. Riley looks so sweet! She is such a pretty girl and boy does she love the camera!
I'm loving your card. So cheerful, puts me in mind of early summer. We are getting really icy weather here in the NorthEast and I can't even see outside the window right now. Its like pea soup out there, the fog is so thick.

Elaine Allen

bumblebee creations said...

Love how you have tied the cord around this--and your colored image is awesome!

*Vicki* said...

Wow Holly!! Your card is just gorgeous sweetie!! I love your coloring on the flower and fabulous job of combining all of the challenges together!! ;) HUGS

Becky said...

This is a stunning set of flowers, I just love them, and you colored them beautifully.

STay warm, we are suppose to be getting freezing weather and then more snow.

Stephanie said...

Holly...This is just beautiful! I once saw an entire acre farm covered in sunflowers and they instantly became my favorite flower! Love them and your card! TYFS!!

Marlene said...

Your card is perfect to cheer up a glum ol' crankpot like me. :)

I've often wondered about those mobile grooming services. Thought it might be pricier (justified, of course)....and I really hate dropping my poor dog off in the morning and not getting him back until the end of the day, too. He's my little companion!

Dawn Frost said...

Beautiful thank you card Holly, absolutely LOVE the background paper and Riley looks adorable! LOL

Maria Matter said...

this is beautiful Holly! love these background papers!!! and Riley looks adorable!
hugs & blessings!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

that riley is a hottie for sure - lol.

stunning card!

hugs :)

Dawn B. said...

Riley looks dapper.. I need to do this for my doggie.. She gets so stressed at the groomers.. Your sunflower creation is wonderful.. Great card.

Val W said...

What a cutie Riley is! Such a pampered pooch. We have a terrier mix shelter rescue pup, and he loves to dig too--dirt, snow, you name it!
I love the way your card turned out too. Everything just 'goes' so well together. And your coloring of the image is great. Quite pretty.