Monday, January 3, 2011

A Tee-rific Birthday

Hi everyone! Did you have a great weekend? I certainly did! Got lots accomplished! One of the things I did was make a few birthday cards to replenish my stash. It had gotten low while I was concentrating on Christmas cards. Unfortunately, I got stuck on birthdays and still have more thank you cards to make!

Here's one of the birthday cards I made


(click to enlarge)

It uses the little golfing boy drawn by Cheryl Alger for Squigglefly. He's colored with Copic markers and the sky and grass are chalked. Then I stamped some grass using one of the stamps in the mini watercolors Stampin' Up! set.

The sentiment is computer generated and cut out with a smaller nestabilities die in the same shape that the image is cut. I sponged some yellow around the edges of both of them. I think this is especially cute if you happen to know someone who is a golfer, but it still works for a general birthday card, don't you agree?

Just one more week until the challenges start back up at the Squigglefly blog! I hope you'll try to play along in a few this year, and I can't wait to see what the new design team does!

I wish you all a TEE-rific day! LOL! Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Tammy said...

Love your color combo on this sweet image and great sentiment too.

*Vicki* said...

Your coloring is fantastic on this Holly!! I love your design and sweet image!! HUGS

P.S. I'm looking forward to some challenges...aren't you?!! :)

Tracey said...

Hi Holly, I hope you had a fabulous Christmas :) Wishing you & your family a Very Happy New Year!

Gorgeous card btw.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Renee said...

Great card, love the image and all it reminds me of spring!! wishful thinking I guess at this point. Great creation :D Hugz n blessings.

Marlene said...

Happy New Year, Lady!

Love the card - your coloring is fabby and the grass is beautifully done!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

what a fabulous card!!!!

hugs :)

bumblebee creations said...

what a cute card---love that image! I have used it myself!! I have something on my blog for you.

Kim said...

Love ypour colors! Great card!

Pam in Ar. said...

This card reminds me of St. Patty's Day....I'm thinking warmer temps ;)

Sue said...

This is so cute! I love golf cards. Thank you for the sweet comment you left on my blog. I have been a fan of Squigglefly for a long time and have done a number of cards with their images. It's probably time for me to go shopping again for some new images. LOL!

Vicki said...

Nicely done Holly! You always think of the coolest sentiments to use on your cards! Cute image!

HUGS!
Vicki

Dawn Frost said...

What a cute golf image. Love the colours you used and what a great tip for the grass. I HAVE Mini watercolors and will use it next time, thanks!