Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Valentine For My Hubby

Hi everyone! I promised you another sneak peek of one of the new images being released this weekend at Squigglefly and here it is! I LOVE this Divine Bovine Valentine set! It's a new one to add to the Divine Bovine series and this one comes with SEVEN punny sentiments!

When I think of valentines, the very first person I think to make one for is my sweet hubby, so this one is for him.


(click to enlarge)

Don't you love this sweet cow couple?! Like I said, there are seven different sentiments that go with this, but I chose the significant udder one to use on this one. On the inside I printed out "I love you, and that's no bull!"

I colored with Copic markers and then ran a Quickie glue pen over her dress and added some glitter. After all, a girl dresses up to go dancing with her guy on Valentines Day, right? I chalked around the image and then cut a pretty piece of designer paper and added a punched border on the side. The sentiment is attached with two tiny red brads. See the little crocheted heart? I made that! I have gotten off snowflakes and moved to hearts now!

See that pretty swirly background paper? That's one of the patterns in the Paper Pattern Pack by Rich Davis. I changed the color from black to red in Adobe Photoshop Elements. If you want to know how to do that, I have a video showing you how!



If you can't view the video from my blog, you can see it on youtube HERE.

I'll be back tomorrow with another sneak peek of what's to come! Thanks for looking!

20 comments:

Shazza said...

what a cute card, love the sentiment lol x

Chesney said...

The glitter is a GREAT addition to that dress, and it's a great color, too. I'm wearing almost the exact hue nail polish on my toenails right now.

Shawna said...

Cute, funny..... what a sweet card. Your guy will love it. I will have to go check out that video now. Happy Over-the-hump day!

Pam in Ar. said...

I can't believe we're on Valentine's cards already!! Cute, Cute card...love the sentiment :)

Tammy said...

Wonderful card. Love this couple and the sentiment is too fun!

*Vicki* said...

LOL!! This image makes me smile!!! You've done a brilliant job with the papers and colors girl!! :)

Marlene said...

Ha ha ha!! LOVE this!!! He looks so manly, and you look so girly!!! Heehee! Terrific card. Made me giggle!

msfreida said...

Is this not ADORABLE! And check out that heart...YOU GO GIRL! :) WOW! This is the greatest image...really brings a smile to my face...check out those biceps! Too cute! The sentiment is perfect and I love the swirly background PP...hmmm...gotta get me some of that! :) Brock will really get a kick out of this!

Hope you have an awesome day!
Hugs~

Anonymous said...

Great video. Very helpful. Thanks for doing that.

Love the card and I'm sure your hubby will love it, too.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

awwwwww! super card! perfect sentiment and fabulous paper!

thank you soooooooo much for your kind thoughts & prayers for hubby. they truly helped!

hugs :)

Becky said...

What a terrific card, love this image and that gorgeous design in the background.

bumblebee creations said...

ahh.... how funny you are Holly--your hubby will love it!

Dana said...

I literally laughted out loud when I saw your sentiment!! Too cute!! It was also no nice to hear your voice too! You did a fantastic job on your video!
Hugs~
Dana

Betty J Schaub said...

omw Holly this cracks me up! If the image wasn't cute enough then youthrew in that cleaver sentiment and just broke me!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how fun Holly!! I just love your image and that fun sentiment. Great coloring and design!! Happy New Year my friend.
hugs,
Chris

Loretta Rodger said...

Love the card! Too udderly cute!

Loretta Rodger said...

Love the card! Too udderly cute!

Maria Matter said...

totally adorable Holly!
or should I have said udderly adorable! great card!
hugs & blessings!


love listening to you on the video!

Dawn Frost said...

Your card is udderly adorable, lol! Your husband is going to love it!

Vicki said...

Holly what an udderly awesome card! Love your design....this may be a must have image! Your honey will adore it!

HUGS!
Vicki