Sunday, January 30, 2011

Wedding Card

Hi everyone. Well, my mojo is still hiding from me. I'm making things, but I'm not thrilled with any of it. Here's a wedding card I made with the entwined hearts from Hearts Set One.


(click to enlarge)

The colors of the wedding are gray and pale yellow so I tried to incorporate those colors in this card. I filled in the hearts with a quickie glue pen and sprinkled some glitter on them. I used part of a nestabilities frame for the top and bottom of the image and added a few pearls.

The background panel was embossed and sponged with yellow around the edge. I think part of the reason I don't care for this card is because the image was printed on white and the rest of the card is in ivory. I don't dislike it enough to do it over though.

Did you see the images that were released at Squigglefly yesterday? There are some that I just love, but I'm waiting to see what sparks my mojo back into life before I make something else I don't like!

Yesterday it was nearly 80 degrees, and today the weather says a cold front is moving in and we will have cold temperatures into the single digits by Tuesday night! I'm glad for it though, because I am in no way ready for spring!

I hope you have a great day, and thanks for looking!

14 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hang in there, Holly......Your mojo will return soon enough. In the meantime, you've got to give yourself some credit. I love your card. Those little pearls and lacy ribbon are just beautiful accents!

Shelley said...

I think it's beautiful and elegant.

Becky said...

This is elegant, wonderful image and great layout. I love white on white, it is always classy.

*Vicki* said...

Well I don't see anything wrong with your mojo here hun!! I so love this with the white on white and so elegant looking!!

80 degrees?!! Oh wow!! No wonder you like the snow!! We're supposed to get a storm with ice storms on the way...I think 80 degrees would be nice for change!! LOL!!

Kim said...

This is a wonderful wedding card! So pretty!!

Shawna said...

I hate it when the mojo takes a hike, but hang in there, it will be back!! But I must say, I really like the card. Those entwined hearts are so perfect for a wedding card and the embossed background was a perfect choice. You would love to be in the mountains of Nor Cal today, it's snowing.

freida said...

Good mornin'! Oh how I've missed ya, but I'm hoping things are gonna allow me to get back to my normal routine...whatever that is!!!

Honey, there's NOTHING wrong with that mojo of yours! This is BEAUTIFUL! What an elegant design...love the image, and between the way you used the die cuts and embossed panel, it really brings out its detail. This will be a keepsake for sure!

Hugs~

Dawn Frost said...

80 degrees in January! I'll tell you where your mojo went, it melted!! And I thought we had it bad last week when it got to 8 degrees Celcius! lol I think your wedding card is lovely, I'm having the same problem with my mojo I think its the month, January is the problem!

Patricia St Martin said...

Love your wedding card all in white, it is stunning!

Tammy said...

What a difference between your card on Thursday and today's card. So totally different but the same image. I think your card today is beautiful.

Pam in Ar. said...

Another great card Holly :)

Marlene said...

Gorgeous card - gotta love all that lovely white!

80 degrees?!!! I hate you. Ok, not really...but sorta.....ha ha.

Vicki said...

Holly I love white on white cards! That is a beautiful image to work with hon! Oh wow 80 degrees! We have a blizzard forecasted for us starting tomorrow...our area is supposed to get 13-18 inches of snow! I love winter! LOL call in the white coats!

HUGS!
Vicki

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

wow holly! this is gorgeous!!!!! a serious card too!!! wow!

hugs :)