Saturday, January 22, 2011

You Are...

Hi everyone! I told you I'd be back with a card today and I am! However it's not with one of the fabulous images that are new in the store today - it's with one from last week called My Main Squeeze by Lynne Stansbery.


(click to enlarge)

I LOVE this darling image! I think she is so cute, and she was a blast to color. I used copic markers and though it's hard to see in the photo I did chalk around the background a bit. The white dots on her dress and the scallops were done with a paintbrush dipped in white gesso.

I printed the sentiment out on my computer. I was originally going to just edge the "U" "R" letters with red, but when my ink smeared I rather liked it so I went for it!
The background paper is the free paper that was offered in Squigglefly's groups at Papercraft Planet and SNR Card Universe. It's still there if you want to go grab it - and take a moment to check out the Colorbowl challenge; there's still time to play along!

There's not a lot of time left to join in the blog challenge though - so you'd better hurry if you want to do that one!

Speaking of challenges, I am entering this in the Stamp Something challenge which is to stamp something cute! Don't you think this one qualifies? I'm going to find a few more challenges to play along in and then I've got to get my weekly menu planned and go shopping! Enjoy your day, and thanks for looking!

14 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

yep... super cute and red! have a great weekend. off to post my "very late" card for the challenge.

hugs :)

*Vicki* said...

Oh my word Holly, this IS so darn cute!! I love this image and how she's hugging the heart!! Beautiful job with the papers and colors hun!! Thanks so much for playing along at Stamp Something with us too!! HUGS

P.S. wait til you see my post today!LOL

Tammy said...

Sweet, sweet image. She is just too darn cute!

Patricia St Martin said...

Good morning... I seen the R U and I thought you where going to say R U ready for some football? ha ha It is such a big gsme.. Love the little with heart. You did a wonderful job coloring her. I can not wait to color come hither.. Nice layout. I will have to check to see if the new ones are out yet.

Pam in Ar. said...

YES, this def. counts as cute :) You should enter it...Love all of the red and of course, hearts are my thing so anything with hearts is AOK in my book :)
Have a great Saturday, it's still cold outside but I'm going to brave it and make my way to the grocery store today....Keep Warm!!!!!

Stephanie said...

Holly........She is just darling!!! I love how you used the free design paper that you put on the Squigglefly group forums and all those swirlies and circles totally go with the little fencing in the bottom of the image. It's perfect!

Becky said...

Holly, this is adorable. Wonderful image and the paper goes perfect.

Val W said...

Cute!

Linda said...

This is adorable! I love all the red and the heart and that is the cutest image.

Marlene said...

Awww..SUPER cute...and I LOVE the way you did her dress!!! I thought it was paper pieced at first - it looks so PERFECT! What a fabby idea it was to do it the way you did it!

Maria Matter said...

totally adorable Holly! fantastic job on polka dotting her dress, too fun!
enjoy the wknd
hugs & blessings

Wanda. said...

Well, how cute is this!!! I LOVE it. TFS

Boni said...

Ahhhh super cute and sweet!! She looks so happy!

Dawn Frost said...

Beautiful background paper Holly and such a cute image!