Friday, February 4, 2011

An award and my anti-valentine!

I everyone! I hope your week has been a good one. Mine has been pretty good and I get a massage today so it will be ending on a good note!

Yesterday I was given this award by Sue. If you've never been to her blog you should take a minute to go take a peek. She is a very talented artist and photographer. I'm really flattered she thinks enough of my blog to give me the award!



There are a couple of rules that accompany this award. First you need to post about the award and then thank and link back to the person who presented it to you. You also need to let them know that you have accepted the award. Then, you in turn need to select 3-5 people to present the award to and inform them.

Well, before doing that I wanted to know exactly what the Liebster award is so I looked it up. The Arnold-Liebster Foundation seeks to promote peace, tolerance, human rights, and religious freedom by peaceful and nonpolitical means. I don't really know if the Liebster award is based on the Arnold-Liebster Foundation, but I'm going with it by giving the award to the following people

Becky at A Diamond In The Rough
Terri at Terri's Tries at Making Cards
Amanda at House Revivals

All three of these ladies inspire me in different ways, and I promise you won't be disappointed if you pay them a visit!

Now I've got a fun card to share with you today - it's my ANTI-VALENTINE! I made this for the Squigglefly challenge going on at the Papercraft Planet and SNR Card Universe groups. You can make any kind of valentine you want. It can be sweet and sentimental, or you can go Anti Valentine with it. I love Valentine's Day, but I still wanted to have a little fun with an anti-valentine so I came up with this


(click to enlarge)

I used the Quirky Hooter image by Brian Lock and colored with Copic markers. The sentiment was computer generated. I think the font I used is called Cool Dots.

Here's the inside of the card



(click to enlarge)

I guess half priced chocolate is the silver lining to people who dislike Valentine's Day! Please consider entering this contest. There's a great prize and you know you're going to be making valentine's anyway!

I hope you have a terrific Friday, and thanks for looking!

13 comments:

*Vicki* said...

BWWHAA!! Gosh, this is just too cute Holly!! I love the sentiment and what a darling owl...he really looks like he don't care!! :)

Congrats on your award hun!!HUGS

Becky said...

:)..Love this owl, and he is colored perfectly..
Thanks for the award Holly. Also for the explanation of the meaning. :)

freida said...

First, congrats on your award! :) Sounds like a very worthy foundation. I did check out Sue's blog and when the link first opened, I thought to myself, 'OH NOOO,I'll NEVER get outta here'! WOW! She is definitely blessed with talent!

This is the greatest anti I've ever seen!!! What a 'hoot' you are...but so right about that chocolate! :) Love your coloring, and the colors you chose! They really compliment the DP! Such a fun card!

I'm trying really hard to finish that other project so I can play with the challenges. There are some mighty awesome images over at SF that are just calling my name! ;)

Have an awesome weekend!
Hugs~

House Revivals said...

Holly, what a cute card! Thank you for thinking of and saying nice things about my blog -- that is so sweet of you.
~Amanda

Tammy said...

Oh my goodness, hysterical! The sentiment is just too funny and so appropriate.

Audrey said...

OMG! I love this card and that sentiment is a riot! (and so true!)
Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments

Linda said...

He He he I love this. I forgot about the half price chocolate! That make the day worth it. LOL I love your card and the sweet Owl. So cute!

Dawn Frost said...

LOL I LOVE that sentiment!!! Fantastic valentine Holly!

Marlene said...

Heehee...I love this card! What a fantastic sentiment you came up with, too!

Hey - I just received that award, too. Now I feel special, cuz I'm like Holly! xoxox ;)

deesdesigns said...

I'm ROTFL - love you card! I'm so glad you were able to join us for our quirky Valentine sayings challenge at Aud Sentiments! Dee

Tammy Miller said...

Awwwww this is sooooo cute, thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments for our challenge! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!

Susan Hogan said...

Love the inside sentiment! Very funny!

Scrappy said...

Bwahahaha! This is GREAT! LOVE LOVE LOVE the sentiment! Love the cute owl too! He is PERFECT!

Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments! We hope you'll join us again soon! It's a pleasure to have you join us!