Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Gardening Advice and Dealing With The BLOB!

Hi everyone! Spring is certainly here. We had another 70 degree day yesterday with another one coming today. Daffodil shoots are up everywhere and I'll bet I see their yellow heads in a couple of days!

The onset of Spring has many gardeners out so I made a gardening card today with the new Teddy Garden image by Marla Shega. Before I show you the completed card though, I want to show you what happened mid way through my coloring.





yep, my Copic marker dripped and made a big BLOB! I have one pen that does this to me often, so I'm usually careful with it but this is the first time this particular pen did it to me. I almost trashed it at this point (the image, not the pen although that crossed my mind!), but I decided to pull out the colorless blender and see if I could fix it.



(click to enlarge)

If you look closely you can see where the blob was, but I think it was salvaged. Those colorless blenders are amazing at fixing mistakes! Isn't this image just darling? It was fun to color too. I colored the dirt in one color of brown and then dotted little dots of a darker color brown to make it look more like dirt.

The sentiment was computer generated - and SO TRUE!

Oh, and speaking of gardening yesterday Stephanie Mino made the cutest set of note cards with the Garden Tools Bouquet! I am going to totally copy her idea and make a set of these as a birthday gift for my best friend's mom. You can see Stephanie's project HERE.



I've got another wonderful video to share with you today! My cousin sent me this one of a woman tourist watching the seals and penguins on Gold Harbor, South Georgia. One of the seals comes to her and they have a cute and interesting interaction.
If you can't view the video on my blog you can click HERE to see it on you tube. Enjoy your hump day, and thanks for looking!


13 comments:

Linda said...

Oh no I never had a Copic do that. I hope it never happens. Boy red you wouldn't be able to fix. So happy you could fix it because the card is wonderful. Your coloring is amazing.
My hubby and I loved the kitten video.

*Vicki* said...

WOW!! Holly, you've done a brilliant job at "fixing your blob"!! I love the look that the blue soft color fades around the edges of the bear!! :) Very sweet card and oh how I wish we were getting the weather you are right now! Although warmer..it's nowhere near 70!! LOL!! Have a great day!!HUGS

Becky said...

I have not had one drip on me YET! Now watch the next time I color :)
Love this bear, awesome coloring Holly.

Nana Bev said...

Cute card ... great save!

Tammy said...

Fabulous card Holly. You are the only one who sees the blob.

Unbelievable video. I do not think I would have been able to just sit there.

Shawna said...

This card is just adorable. Your coloring is fabulous (great save on the blob!!) and the sentiment is so funny!

Elaine A said...

Hi Holly -

I didn't see the "Blob"! I really love how this card turned out despite the "Blob" - LOL! It is just so adorable. What a great job! Thank you so much for that video. How amazing is that? The experience of a lifetime, simply wonderful! That seal was really taken with her and she with the seal.

Elaine Allen

Dawn Frost said...

Wow you did a great job with the blender!! Fantastic card and great save Holly, lol!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

super cute card and i never noticed the blob. you did really good - but then, you're the genius!

hugs - and enjoy that nice weather.

bumblebee creations said...

Great save!! WOW that video just is amazing! So neat to see how animals react to people--I guess we are not all that different at times!!

Marlene said...

the BLOB happened to me today right after I refilled my very first Copic marker. (I mean, refilled for the very first time - I haven't had any run out on me until now). Guess I overfilled it.

Your card is beautiful - and I'm glad you were able to salvage it. It looks fine!!!

House Revivals said...

Great save -- what kind of paper were you using?

Maria Matter said...

brilliant save Holly! Beautiful card!!

I just spent over 10 mins on your blog, the kids wanted to watch the elephant seal video...twice! TFS!!
hugs & blessings