Thursday, February 24, 2011

Give Me A D!

Hi everyone! Wow, have you seen all the entries into Squigglefly's blog challenge this week? They are amazing! I finally got my rear in gear and whipped up a card for their challenge myself! The challenge this week is to use things or techniques that begin with the letter "D". You wouldn't believe how many "D" items some of the cards in the challenge have on them!

I told you the other day that I wanted to try to make a few Christmas cards throughout the year, so I have made a Christmas card for the "D" challenge! Other than the Digital image, how many "D" things can you find on my card?


(Click to enlarge)


By my count I've got five "D" things. Distressed the edges of the card, Dots both in the paper and in the embossed ones, Diamond glitter, Diecuts for the card and layers, and though you can't see it in the photo I have given the top circle Dimension with pop dots!

This image is one of the Shy Bears and is called Snowy Playmate. I used Copics to color and then used a Quickie glue pen for the areas I wanted to glitter up. So, I've got my first Christmas card made!

It rained a bit last night, and they are calling for thunderstorms today. Just my kind of day! I hope you have "your" kind of day wherever you are, and thanks for looking!

14 comments:

Shawma said...

You have done a "D"elightful job on this Christmas card!

Elaine A said...

Holly -

This card is so adorable! What a sweet image. Lucky girl, talk about a head start on Christmas cards - LOL! Have a great day.

Elaine Allen

Betty J Schaub said...

well, for the "D" all I can say is DARLING!

*Vicki* said...

AWW!!! Holly, this is very sweet!! I lurves your darling image, the glitter, colors and dots!!! Very DARLING inDeeD!!!! LOL!!! So glad you played along!!HUGS

bumblebee creations said...

such a cute card Holly!

Becky said...

Holly this is adorable! Wonderful colors.

Maria Matter said...

how about DELIGHTFUL!!!
hugs

Dawn Frost said...

I'm with Maria, definitely delightful! lol Love the colours!

Tammy said...

Sweet card, love the image. I used it for my Christmas cards in December.

Marlene said...

The embossed dots are PERFECT with that image! Looks just like SNOW!!! (Even if that is a four letter word around these parts, right now - but hey - no snow left on the ground - and we're expecting RAIN - heavy rain, wind and thunderstorms tomorrow! YAY!)

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

queen of D - great job. never would have guessed them all - lol. fabulous card!

hugs :)

Kim said...

Great card Holly!!!!! Love that image!

Pam in Ar. said...

Christmas in Feb. I like it :)

Patricia St Martin said...

Wonderful job for the challenge. Love you card. I have to get things back in order so I can start doing the challenges again. Emma Dad has been pretty sick, he has to have surgery on March 7 so things have been pretty crazy. He has not been feeling good. I do not know what it is call but he has to have part of his colon removed. Nothing with cancer thank God! The surgey has to be done NOW because if he waits their could be major problems later in life for him and he is in a lot of pain. He will be in hospital for 5 or more days and off work for awhile. Emma being Daddy Girl she is pretty worried about he Dad. Things are not fun for little one because they do not understand. We will gwr hw though this.