Saturday, February 12, 2011

I'm only joking

Hi everyone! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend so far! if you've been to Squigglefly this morning then you are probably happily printing images to make some cards! The release this week is just awesome, isn't it?

I colored up the Sunday Brunch image by Lynne Stansbery to make a funny card to send to a friend who's a little down on men right now.


(click to enlarge)

I used Copic markers and chalk to color this. The paper piece with the colored squares is pierced all around the edge, but it doesn't show up very well. I printed the sentiment out with my computer in a font called Fang Song.

Here's the punch line inside



ha ha! I know it's kind of mean, but I'll bet you smiled! Enjoy your day, and thanks for looking!

17 comments:

eiyiyi said...

I did NOT smile. I laughed out loud. Great card. Your card creating talent blows me away but it's your sense of humor that I love! hugs, eileen

Shelley said...

Too funny! I wonder if my husband would appreciate this sentiment in his valentine card? LOL

Shelley
coggie4556@bellsouth.net

Stephanie said...

Ha Ha Ha, Holly!!! Too cute! I was trying to figure out what you would put with that image and you nailed it! Awesome coloring!

Linda said...

Hee Hee Hee That is cute. You work with men don't you? Hee hee.
Great card.

Dana said...

I didn't just smile I literally laughed out loud! I love the 50's look of this little scene, at least it looks that way to me! You colored it brilliantly and I adore the whole layout!
Hugs~
Dana

Shawna said...

Right on target Holly! Too funny! I am headed over to Squigglefly right now to check out the new releases...........

Tammy said...

Too funny Holly, I was expecting the inside sentiment!

Dawn Frost said...

OMG that is soooo good! I laughed out loud and told my DH about the sentiment. Awesome!

Elaine M said...

Fell off my chair laughing at this one - you guys have the best setiments

House Revivals said...

I totally snorted, then felt really guilty!
~Amanda

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

lmao! only you, holly! YOU'RE my daily dose of sunshine!

hugs :)

Marlene said...

*snarf*!!!!!!!

I love snarky cards - and only you do it as well as you do!!! Ha ha ha!!!

This image is priceless...the card is adorable...and the sentiment, well, I already commented on THAT! Way to go!

Wild Clover said...

You should make one the same but change the newspaper to an iPad. It's worse. I'll never be as interesting or entertaining as my husband's iPad that is with him continually ~ thru meals, dates, movies we're watching at home "together," etc.

Ellis said...

Fabulous card and saying! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Kim said...

OMG!!!!! Holly you are too funny....love this!!!!!!

*Vicki* said...

LOL!! This is just too funny Holly!! I love it!!

Kathy said...

I can't quit laughing. I know this "Sunday brunch" experience all to well! I love this. Your coloring is amazing too!