Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Is it A Trend?

Hi everyone! Another beautiful day on tap here! I wanted to play along in the audsentiments challenge which is to use some kind of trendy word or phrase on your project, and this is what I came up with.



(click to enlarge)

I used the Trick Rider image from Squigglefly and colored with Copic markers. I did use some chalk for the sky, but it is kind of washed out looking in the photo.

The red diagonal stripes are strips of card stock that I cut and taped down. It gives a little more weight and texture to the card. The sentiment is computer generated.

I didn't get any crafting done yesterday. We went out to the park and we let Riley have what is now her last day in the fields until next winter. Why her last? Because after being there for over an hour stomping around helping her find field mice Brock and I sat down to just watch her. After a bit she started growling so we went to investigate and she had a SNAKE! Thankfully it wasn't a poisonous one, but that marks the end for us. Time to stay out of the woods and fields and stick to the paths. Time to put away coats and gloves and pull out the sunscreen and mosquito spray. Time to close up the fireplace and tune up the air conditioner....did I mention I hate summer?

Thanks for looking!

15 comments:

Shawan said...

Radical card! So bright and cheerful!

Linda said...

Very cool card.
You just live were it is Summer to long. I think I would hate it too. It is still very cold and tons of snow and more on the way. There has to be a place in the middle.

Pam in Ar. said...

OH MY! A snake?? That just gives me chill bumps! I'm ready for a little bit warmer weather, just not humid :(

Love the skater dude...you always do such a great job Holly...thanks for sharing :)

Boni said...

Dude your card is so RAD!!!

Betty J Schaub said...

such a cute image and so perfectly colored!!!

Tammy said...

Swap you weather. We're freezing here, cannot wait for warm weather!
Love the card and especially like your coloring and color choices. Very cheerful!

Becky said...

What a bright and fun card.

bumblebee creations said...

Holly--I think you must hate summer! heehee!! That Riley, she never misses beat -does she?!! I love your card--it is RADICAL! Love it! : )

Renee said...

Love your card Holly, the bright colors are fantastic as is your image. I just cant wait until summer, I am not a winter kind of gal, not sure what I am doing in Michigan lol. huz n blessings.

Patricia St Martin said...

Nice and bright card. We are having some cloudy days here and we got some more snow. You did a fantastic job with your coloring. Sentiment is wonderful.

Marlene said...

What a fun card! Love how zippy it is!

Riley caught a snake?!! Egads....that must've send shivers down your spine after the last encounter!!! I'd freak!

Dawn Frost said...

A snake in February! Yuck!! Scary. I do like your trick rider, its totally radical! lol

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

This is so sweet, Holly. TOO perfect for a boy card and not all somber (for some reason my boy cards always end up dark & BORING!) Yours is so full of life. That's a fantastic image-especially in the colours you chose.

*Vicki* said...

Holly, your card is SO RAD girl!! :) I love the colors and your layout is real sweet!! :) HUGS

Audrey said...

Too cute! I love thaqt image and your coloring rocks! (I'm trying to sound trendy which I am not at all! lol)
thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.