Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Love At First Sight

Hi everyone! I hope your week is off to a good start! They are saying that we may get some more snow tomorrow and I am crossing my fingers and toes hoping it's a good one for us! One more snowfall before spring arrives would be wonderful! I know spring is right around the corner too because we are already seeing buds on trees and the green shoots of jonquils popping up. I know that makes a lot of you happy, but I am not ready for winter to end yet!

Oh my word, have you seen all the wonderful cards that the design team has done with the monograms and frames? They have given me so many ideas that my head is swimming! Be sure to take a look at the blog too and see how they rocked this week's challenge! If you join in the challenge be sure to grab your badge! I just finished up a card for the challenge myself and will share it with you tomorrow.

I have a fun card for you today AND a sneak peek at something coming on Squigglefly's next release!


(click to enlarge)

The image on this is Can Do Girl and she's colored with Copic markers. I sponged some Bliss Blue ink around the edges while it was still in the die I used to cut it out. I was a little smarter this time and picked the paper out before I colored so that I could match the colors in the image with the paper. It's much easier that way, but I don't do it very often. So many times I am coloring images before I even have a card in mind so there's no way I'm picking out papers then!

The sentiment is one that will be available this weekend. I thought it was perfect with this girl, and it's cute too! The white panel is embossed and also sponged with the Bliss Blue ink, and I colored the ribbon which was white with a Copic marker to match the card stock.

Have a great day, and thanks for looking!

14 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

LOVE IT!!!! Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow.....

Linda said...

The sentiment is perfect. So is your coloring. I know what you mean about paper and coloring. I love to color but then I remember I have to match.
Oh I wish you could have all my snow. It is going to be -11 later today. I am so done with winter.We have two more months for sure. I would send you some if I could. Hee hee

Renee said...

Love the sentiment! it made me laugh. Great card. If you like you can have some of our snow, we got 18 inches dumped on us last week and I will gladly share will fellow stampers ;) Have a great day! hugz n blessings.

Elaine A said...

Holly -

Love this card. It really made me chuckle. You've done a great job with it.

Elaine Allen

Dawn Frost said...

Cute, very cute Holly. Great sentiment and colouring!

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow Holly!! I LOVE this!! The black with the colors over top is very striking!! Your coloring is so pretty and what a great sentiment too!! LOL!! Have a great day friend!!HUGS

Shawna said...

Dynamite card Holly! As always!!! Hope you get your snow.

bumblebee creations said...

I love this card Holly!!
I had to go to SF last night and get the images you used yesterday!!

Nora said...

Just darling!
♥hugs♥

Dana said...

Great coloring Holly and that sentiment is adorable!!!
Hugs~
Dana

Tammy said...

Sentiment is too funny and probably very true! Wonderful image, perfect for a valentine.

freida said...

WHEWWW! :) The next time you perk up my curiosity over on the DT's blogs, remind me to pack a lunch!!! I have been all around the world for the past 6 HOURS, and are you ever right! :) These gals are ROCKIN'! WOW! With so much going on in my world since the 1st of the year, I've only taken the time to do a 'fly-by' and that just doesn't cut it to be able to appreciate and soak up all this inspiration! I think I am just gonna have to dedicate a particular day out of the week just for SF's DT's window shopping, because there won't be any accomplishments for the rest of that day! I still have laundry staring at me, and I've barely started on my morning emails! UGHHH...but I enjoyed every minute! :) KUDOS to each of you! :)

Now to your fabulous creation! That sentiment could not be any better for this image! IT JUST CRACKS ME UP!!! OMGoodness, how clever! :) Fantastic design to boot! :)

Hugs~

Maria Matter said...

adorable Holly! fun sentiment too!
hugs & blessings

Marlene said...

Heeheehee!!! Perfect sentiment with that image, and fantastic card once again! (Of course, you know if I had that image, I'd have to say something about her butt!!! HA HA HA)