Friday, February 25, 2011

Lovebird Bird House

Good morning and happy Friday to you all! Well we certainly got the rain yesterday and it came with some pretty violent weather. There were tornado warnings out yesterday evening, but thankfully nothing came close to us.

I had to go get a new cell phone yesterday because I forgot to take my phone out of my pants pocket and it got washed in the washing machine. Cell phones don't like that too much! Luckily the new phone ended up being free because I was out of contract and had insurance. Now I have a pretty new phone! I was really glad they were able to get the information off of my sim card because I didn't want to have to program in all my phone numbers again!

Today's card is one that I really enjoyed coloring and I love how it turned out. I used the Lovebird Bird House by Marla Shega and colored it with Copic markers.


(click to enlarge)

I double punched a strip of card stock to layer behind the image. All of the little brown speckles are made with a brown Blo Pen. I love the look that gives! The sentiment is computer generated and I sponged some green ink on that while it was still in the nestabilities die.

Tomorrow is new release day at Squigglefly, and I can tell you that are some great images coming your way! I hope you have a fantastic day, and thanks for looking!

14 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh my Holly, this is an absolutely beautiful image and wonderfully colored.

Glad you got a new phone so quickly. We cannot be without our phones or the internet!

Becky said...

I love this Holly. Beautiful bird house,

Dawn Frost said...

Love the brown specks, they look awesome! The image is adorable the love bird so sweet. Too bad about your phone, lol. No they don't like washing machines!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

they said snow here too and it hasn't gotten here yet... and i hope it doesn't.

beautiful card!!! the greens are stunning with that gorgeous image.

hope you are well. i know i don't get around much anymore (isn't there a song with that title? lol), but i think of you often and i DO miss you.

hugs :)

Shelley said...

Lovely card, I really like the coloring and the background. Makes me wish for spring.

Patricia St Martin said...

WOW!!! I love what you did to the bird house. It is stunning. Love you colors. Very nice.

Monique said...

Oh my goodness this image is adorable... Love the frame and beautiful coloring!!

Marlene said...

This is VERY pretty! Her images are gorgeous...and coloring them is such a treat. You did a fabulous job.

Pam in Ar. said...

Beautiful card Holly! Enjoy the new phone and I'm glad you didn't get the bad weather :)

Newbie said...

Holly this card is a beauty! Love the colors AND the coloring! Very nice layout also! REALLY LOVE the sentiment!!! BEAUTIFUL card and excellent job!!

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

This card is so pretty.I agree I really like what you did with the bird house.Very nice colors. Glad I found your blog!!

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

So pretty. Love how the roof is greenery. Gorgeous colouring.

Sandy O said...

Oh, I love how soft and pretty your card is. The image is so fun...makes me think that spring will really show up, lol.

I never heard of washing a cell phone. I have heard of folks dropping them in the toilet though (yuck!) At least yours was clean, ha ha ha (I know, sick sense of humor, lol)

Thank you for joining us this week at Digital Tuesday Challenge. I hope we will see you next week for out 100th challenge blog hop!

*Vicki* said...

Holly, this creation is so pretty!! I love your coloring on this image and what an elegant image it is!! :) HUGS