Thursday, February 10, 2011

Mouse hunt - no card today

Hi everyone! Thanks for crossing your fingers for me - we got our snow! It was - is absolutely beautiful! We didn't get out in it much yesterday because the wind was blowing pretty hard and the snow was constantly falling, but today Riley and I are going to build a snowman for sure!

I told you yesterday that I'd share some pictures from our park outing the day before the snow was due to come, and I am now keeping that promise!

first off is a tree that I have recently found out is a honey locust tree. Brock and I have called this tree the evil thorn tree and I'm sure you can tell why we call it that from these pictures!



Even the branches have wicked thorns on them!



After walking past the thorn tree we come to a huge field where we can let Riley off of her leash for some fun mouse hunting. We have to keep a look out for her tail to know where she is, and when the tail starts wagging wildly we know she's on the trail of something good!


She find s a hole that looks promising

and digs and digs

trying to get to China I guess!



Finally she's off to investigate some hay bales








Once she thinks there's something in one of the bales Brock and I turn it over so she can sniff 'em out!






She ended up with a total of six mice! I think that's her record. Brock asked me if I was going to take a picture of her mice and share them, but I told him I thought just me telling you was enough - you didn't want pictures of the mice did you?

and here's a picture of the mighty hunter later.



All tuckered out from a hard day's work!

I got to spend a lot of the day making cards yesterday, so tomorrow I'll be back with a card to share. Wishing you all a wonderful day, and thanks for looking!

14 comments:

Tammy said...

All the pictures are great but the last one says it all, he's had a hard at work. Wow, 6 mice, he should come to my house, I need a mouse exterminator.

Linda said...

First off it is so good to see the earth and know it is still under all that snow.
Second I love to see the pictures of Riley. It looks like he worked very hard on that trip.

luv2stamp2001 said...

I love your mouse hunt story. Now how did Riley learn to hunt mice?

Becky said...

what a great life he has. :)

Shawna said...

What a hoot! I really looked forward to seeing Riley's big day (it's OK not to show the mice!!!) and thank you so much for sharing! Love her couch picture! Have fun in your snow --- Little Rock made national news last night!

Dawn Frost said...

LOL that is what I think my Ryley would look like if I ever let him off his leash. I'm sure he'd be off chasing something or investigating something and I'd never see him again. I LOVE your Riley stories!

freida said...

How funny!!! That girl really makes life fun, doesn't she! :) I'd love to see what she would do on the beach! Can you imagine with all the sand crabs and critters burrowed in that sand??? Now THAT would be a reality show worth watching! :) teehee!

Enjoy your snow luv...I'm leaving ours for the neighborhood munchkins! :)
Hugs~

Marlene said...

Does she EAT them or just play with them?! LOL!!

bumblebee creations said...

tell Brock we really do believe your stories and need not see pics to prove it!! That Riley is really a super busy pup!

Patricia St Martin said...

I agree with Linda it is good to see earth again. Riley sure looks like she had a lot of fun. I wish I had pictures of our Lad his name was Jack he loved the snow, if we still had him he would be outside running and jumping in the snow. He was so funny but he would go out side with the kids (when they were small) and play with them for hours.
Hugs, Pat

Pam in Ar. said...

The snow WAS beautiful wasn't it Holly....today is still chilly but the sun is out :) I've had my grandkids so it's been in and out and in and out...now I'm ready for some warmer weather so they don't have to bundle up so much!!!

Glad you got to enjoy the weather before the snow, I love seeing your pictures :) :) :) Have fun making those cards today, can't wait to see them tomorrow!

Renee said...

Loved going on your nature walk with you! Would hate to run into the evil tree, I dont think i have ever saw anything like it. Love the energy of Riley, What does he do with the mice once he catches them?? I hope not bring them to you for a gift! ;) have a great day hugz n blessings.

Leslie G. said...

What a fun day he had (and I assume you had fun too!). He looks so adorable all crashed out.

Scrappy Doo said...

I love these photos... Riley is so cute.... And I love the action shots... But I especially enjoy seeing your world.... Thanks for showing us...
And wow! Your Copic skills are awesome. I'm going to get some one day...

Looking forward to seeing more photos in the life of Riley...