Friday, February 11, 2011

New Images Are Coming!

Hi everyone! Happy Friday! Today the temperatures are supposed to be above freezing and I think by the middle of next week we'll be getting close to 70 degrees. I'm sure that our snow will quickly be only a memory, but I have certainly enjoyed it! I showed a lot of snow pictures yesterday, but last night my best friend sent me this picture that is a view of another friend's driveway - it's completely formed by Mother Nature and I wanted to share it with you all

(click to enlarge)

Isn't that awesome?!



As you know tomorrow will bring new images to Squigglefly, and I have a card to show you today that uses a brand new image from Marla Shega!



(click to enlarge)

I loved this image when I first saw it. Once I had it colored I chose to not use any designer paper or embellishing other than a strip of sheer ribbon so the image could shine. It was fun to color! Here are the Copic colors I used





Since I didn't have a card yesterday, I decided to make up for it by posting another card with ANOTHER sneak peek!

(click to enlarge)

Isn't this a wonderfully creative Easter image? It's from Rich Davis and will be available at Squigglefly tomorrow! I colored this with Copic markers and framed it with an embossed panel that I sponged with Lavender Lace ink. I tied an extra scrap of ribbon around the knot to make the bow a bit more impressive.

The Valentine's challenge in the PCP and SNR groups will end on Monday, so if you're looking for a challenge to enter over the weekend that should be the one! There's a great prize up for grabs and not too many entries yet!

I hope you have a great day! Thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Sue said...

Those cards are beautiful and the images are priceless! I love your coloring. Love all the pictures you have been sharing as well!

Tammy said...

Gorgeous cards. Especially love the first one. Fabulous coloring.

Elaine A said...

Hi Holly -

These are simply beautiful! Your coloring is always wonderful.

Elaine Allen

Renee said...

Love them all! Your coloring is just unbelievable. Gorgeous. Loving your easter card! hugz n blessings.

Shawna said...

WOW! That wreath image is gorgeous; you did such a fabulous job of coloring! The snow pic looks just like the ribbon symbol for breast cancer awareness. Thanks for sharing!

LaVerne said...

OMG! That driveway pic is amazing! I love Marla's new image. Your coloring is always so pretty.

Becky said...

wow Holly, that wreath is just stunning. Your so right, it does not need any dp, it is gorgeous all by it's self! :)

freida said...

Don't cha just love the secret messages God leaves for us? :) He just has His own creative way of reminding us to always have hope! GOD is SO GOOD! :)

Oh I can't wait to see the other images now that we've had dessert first! Marla just outdid herself on that wreath! OMGoodness HOW GORGEOUS! Your coloring really shows its beautiful detail and I'm with you on no DP! This just puts the image out front n' center where it should be! :)
Rich's creativity is in high gear with his Easter image too! Now, I never would have thought to use game pieces to get the message across! Love your embossing, especially with the color! :) Fabulous cards, GF!

Hugs~

Dana said...

I am loving both of these new releases!! But Holly... oh my goodness!! Your coloring on the wreath one is drop dead gorgeous!! Look at the highlights on that bow! Again.. gorgeous!
Hugs~
Dana

Dawn Frost said...

both cards are beautiful Holly! Love the simplicity of the first one, stunning yet simple!

Marlene said...

Fabulous card! Wow - colored so beautifully...especially the bow!

That snow pattern is something else!

Kim said...

These are both beautiful cards Holly! can't wait to see all the new images.

*Vicki* said...

WOW!! Holly, I am in awe of your coloring on the wreath image! It is so beautiful!! Great new images!! :)