Monday, February 21, 2011

singing cowboy

Hi everyone, or maybe I should say Howdy! LOL! I'm using the brand new Singing Cowboy image that was released at Squigglefly this weekend and "howdy" just seems appropriate you know what I mean?




(click to enlarge)

I colored this with Copic markers and chalk. The sentiment was computer generated. I love this image because it's a great one for men and also it can be funny which is what I went for with my inside sentiment



(click to enlarge)

Did you see that ya'll have helped raise almost $100.00 for Lucky's surgery? Thank you so much for all of your help!

Yesterday was a new featured stamper challenge and you know I played along. The card I chose to CASE from the gallery is THIS ONE. Her card was definitely for a baby girl, but I chose to make a baby card that could go for either sex.

(click to enlarge)

Big surprise I picked purple as my color. I used the cute little Bouncing Bundle drawn by Eline Pelinkhoff and paper pieced the baby's onesie. The sentiment was computer generated and then I used some scalloped scissors to cut some of the same designer paper I pieced with around the sentiment. Then I tied a bow with some purple white polka dotted ribbon and stuck it to the card with a glue dot.

Okay, one last thing - today is a brand new challenge at the Squigglefly Blog and I do hope you will go by and see what Vicki has challenge us all to do. I hope to find time to play along!
Have a wonderful day no matter what you do, and thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Elaine A said...

Hi Holly -

The baby card is so adorable, what a cutie! I love the singing cowboy. What an awesome image and you've done a wonderful job coloring him. He just made me smile.

Elaine Allen

Pam in Ar. said...

Cute cards, loved the baby image :) you can't go wrong when you're working with a baby can you!!! Have a great week Holly :)

Linda said...

Love your cards today. That cowboy is great. The baby bundle is adorable.

Maria Matter said...

beautiful cards Holly!
gorgeous coloring on that cowboy!!
hugs & blessings

bumblebee creations said...

Both cards are awesome Holly!!! That baby is just adorable--and I love the paper piecing! What a super job SF has done for Lucky! Lucky kitty!!
Hope you have a great day too!

*Vicki* said...

Holly, your coloring on that cowboy is just fantastic!! I love your inside greeting too!! LOL!!! I ADORE your baby card!! The paper piecing is a wonderful look to the cutie pie! :) Have a great day friend!!HUGS

Kim said...

these are both really cute cards!!! Love your sentiment on the cowboy one!

Patricia St Martin said...

Love both the card. Cowboy is wonderful, do wish he did not have that beard if he did not he reminds me of my Dad singing. The little baby is so cute.

Tammy said...

Great cards, especially love the bundle of joy. Just darling.

Dani said...

I love your cards!! Your coloring is just awesome!! :)

Shawna said...

Howdy Miss Holly - ya'll colored thet image jus abou perfect!'course ya alwas do!!!

Marlene said...

Mr. Cowboy dude is colored so perfectly! The baby cards is pretty cute, too.

How wonderful that you're almost at the $100 mark for Lucky!

Boni said...

LOVE the cowboy! I can hear the twang in his gravelly voice from here!!