Friday, February 18, 2011

Special Day

Hi everyone! Yay for Friday! I hope you've had a great week. Tomorrow is another new release day at Squigglefly. Are you as excited about it as I am? It's gotten to where every Saturday I wake up ready to check them all out.

Today I have a card that uses an image drawn by Lynne Stansbery called Pretty Maids All In A Row. I think it's a precious image and thought it would make a sweet card to send to someone whose wedding I can't attend. It's a way of letting them know I was thinking of them even though I couldn't come to the wedding.



(click to enlarge)

I colored this with Copic markers and then surrounded it with some lace. The lace is glued to the back and folded over the front. I tied a bow with some sheer white ribbon and attached it below the image.

I made two score lines to frame the sentiment which was computer generated. I pierced a row of scallops under the lower score line and added a couple of pearls on either side.

You've still got a little time to play in Squigglefly's challenge, and you've got a great chance to win because not many people have entered! Also, remember to tell your friends how they can help Lucky the Cat get her surgery by purchasing any cat image at Squigglefly during the month of February. I know there's going to be at least one new cat image in the store this weekend too!

The weather here is nice enough for us to take Riley out on the boat this afternoon, so that's what I'll be doing when I get off work. We like to ride out to this little sand island and let her run and play. I hope you have a wonderful day too, and thanks for looking!

16 comments:

Tammy said...

Beautiful card Holly, even if you could attend the wedding.

Patricia St Martin said...

Just beautiful! I can not wait.

Shawna said...

Fabulous new image and a gorgeous card Holly! Love what you did with the lace.

bumblebee creations said...

This is just beautiful!!! WOW! I totally love the paper piecing too! And I never think to make score lines to outline--gorgeous!

freida said...

Oh Holly, this is exquisite! Lynne's image is sooo sweet and your coloring is fabulous, as always! All the detail you added brings out the charm. Such a precious card!

I know you and Riley are gonna have a ball on your excursion! Tell her to watch out for those snakes! I'm heading to AL shortly, so I need to get it in gear! Have a great weekend! :)

Hugs~

Maria Matter said...

this is beautiful Holly! what a clever way to attach the lace!! TFS!!
hugs & blessings

Becky said...

OH How beautiful Holly! So soft and delicate. love the paper piercing.

Shelley said...

Beautiful! The lace really sets off that cute image.

Inger said...

Beautiful card and such a sweet image!!!

Inger

Elaine A said...

Hi Holly -

What a beautiful image, made more beautiful by your coloring talents! I love your special touches with the lace and the double scoring. Really a stunning card, anybody would be thrilled to get. Enjoy your weekend!

Elaine Allen

Pam in Ar. said...

Beautiful card Holly...Love the coloring :) Have a great weekend!

Dawn Frost said...

Love the image and your colouring Holly! It makes a very special wedding card.

Kim said...

This is so pretty! Great wedding card!

Marlene said...

What a gorgeous card! Love the way you scored it, and pierced it. Beautiful detail. Lovely card. (And I don't use the word "lovely" very often!)

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

this is beautiful!!!!

hugs :)

*Vicki* said...

Wow Holly!! This is really stunning girl!! I adore your elegant looking frame!! HUGS