Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Squigglefly's Challenge Is Dear To Me

Hi everyone! I hope you had a great Valentine's Day yesterday! My husband and I don't do a lot in the way of celebrating Valentine's Day, but we did exchange cards and then went out for a concrete which is a wonderful frozen yogurt that you can choose your favorite candies to be blended into. I chose a cappuccino flavored yogurt with Heath Bar pieces swirled in! Yum!

Yesterday a new challenge went up on Squigglefly's blog and Chelsea has given everyone the challenge of doing a non-traditional valentine using the color purple and you need to have hearts, brads, and some piercing done on your project. Now even though Valentine's Day is over, you can still create a card that just shows someone you love them, so play along!

Here's the card I made



(click to enlarge)

I used some more of my favorite Cloud Nine Design paper and the adorable Forest Friend image by Revi Devi Paat. I colored with Copic markers and then cut the deer and bird out. The sentiment was computer generated and then cut out with a nestabilities label die. I sponged some Lovely Lilac ink over it while it was still in the die.

My hearts are brads so I knocked out two of the challenge requirements there, and then I did a bit of piercing under the sentiment tag. I think the piercing looks a little too much like I did it as an afterthought though.

The winners of the Valentines Day Feelings contest have been announced!
The best Traditional Valentine was made by Kym Weber for this card



Kym used Squigglefly's Hour Glass
and Valentine sentiment to come up with a wonderful card that is full of fun embellishments and a sweet heart charm.

Lisa Faul is the winner of the Anti-Valentine card with her funny and slightly naughty card here




Lisa used Marlene Shaws Phat Sexy Dude and dressed his boxer shorts up with a heart! The play on words can't help but make you smile!

And the winner of the prize package for Judge's Choice is Tricia Gorden for this card




I loved the playful mixture of papers and the different hearts. The layout was unique and pulled my eye toward it. Tricia used the I Heart You sentiment by Nina Brackett.

Congratulations to these ladies for winning, and thank you for playing along in the challenge! Kym and Lisa get to go shopping at Squigglefly and pick a favorite image or set for me to send them, and Tricia will be getting the prize package mailed to her!



I've got something really heartwarming and sweet to share with you. My sister in law sent me this video and I knew you'd all enjoy it too. If you can't see the video from my blog you can view it on you tube here. I wish you a wonderful day whatever the weather may be, and thanks for looking!


13 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Good morning Holly! :) Love your card for the challenge!! Really sweet and a great layout too!! :)

Everyone's creations for the PCP and SNR are WONDERFUL!! Love everyone's creative ideas!! Congrats the winners and well deserved!

LOL!! Nice video Holly!! :)

Dawn B. said...

Your card turned out great. Makes me miss all the dear we had in our backyard in IL. Congrats to the winners. What a sweet sweet video. It is amazing the things that happen in nature. Thanks for sharing.

Linda said...

Oh my goodness I love the post today. Your deer card is so cute. I love the little flower piercing. That looks great.
I love all the other wonderful card.
But this video make my day. It is wonderful.

Emma said...

An adorable card Holly...so sweet.
Hugs Emma x

Shawna said...

Your little dear card is fabulous. That DP is PERFECT for it and your piercing is just right, too! Love it Holly!

Kari said...

Hi Holly!This is so lovely!I love the purple colour and the image is so cute :)
Have a wonderful day :)

Hugs,Kari :)

bumblebee creations said...

love your DEER card! the papers are so fun! What a bunch of extra special cards you showed too!! Congrats to the winners of those!!

Darlene J. said...

Holly,
All the cards are great, and I love the video. Have always been a cat person.
Glad your weather is much better, I follow the weather in your "neck of the woods".
Darlene J

Sue said...

Thank you so much for sharing that video. I still have a smile on my face.

Dawn Frost said...

Love your card Holly and the crow and cat are fantastic!

Tammy said...

Geez, I stopped by early this morning and got so busy watching the video of the cat and crow I didn't realize I hadn't posted a comment. So sorry, but I love you card, especially the dp, and the hearts and the paper piercing gives it such a nice finishing touch.

Elaine A said...

Hi Holly -

Really love how your card turned out. Purple is my favorite color so you know I loved it - LOL! I really enjoyed the video. It was just amazing and really warms the heart. Now if only the rest of the world could get along like these two animals did. Thanks for posting it.

Elaine Allen

Marlene said...

What a fabby bunch of cards!! (Purple is my favorite color, too....and you know I'm laughing my arse off at the "heart on" card!)

What are you doing drinking cappucino flavored stuff? YUCK!