Sunday, February 13, 2011

There's A Limit

Hi everyone! Well, the last little bit of our snow melted away yesterday. While I was out walking I saw yellow dandelions poking up out of the earth so I guess the groundhog got it right!

The card I have to show you today is one I made a week or so ago when I was having trouble feeling creative. I guess it had me in a crabby mood because this card is kind of mean.



(click to enlarge)


The image is Corporal Chunk by Marlene Shaw. I colored it with copic markers, pierced some holes in the corner and added some buttons and designer paper. This is where I got stuck and I came up with this mean sentiment for the inside



It's just rather blunt and rude and not that funny. I probably won't send this out to anyone I know, but I'll save the card front and use it on another card when something better comes to me.

Yesterday Squigglefly not only had an awesome release of new images, but they also sent out their newsletter. In it they have a picture of this little kitty named Lucky





Lucky needs surgery to repair a fistula and Squigglefly wants to help by donating the profits from sales of any cat image in their store during the month of February to Lucky's surgery. So while you're there checking out the new images, be sure to look at all the cat images they have!

You can read more about Lucky here , and if you don't see any cat images in the store you like you can still help Lucky get her surgery just by making a donation. The vet taking care of her has set up a fund for her.

It is set up through Sundown Surgery Fund at the University website so any donation is tax deductible. It is important to note in the Notes or Comments section that the donation is for the Lucky Fund.

If you would like to help with an online donation, here's the link to the page.

If you would prefer to mail in a check, please make the check out to The UGA Foundation for Sundown Surgery and make sure to note For Lucky on the check. The mailing address is
Veterinary External Affairs Office- Sundown Surgery Fund
501 D.W. Brooks Drive
Athens, GA 30602 USA


I hope you have a wonderful day, and thanks as always for stopping by!

12 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

i don't think your card is mean OR rude in any way. it's FUNNY!!! just like it always is... funny!

hugs :)

Becky said...

Holly this is one fabulous card, I just love the image and your coloring is fabulous, love the back ground design.

Dana said...

I agree with Stef.. it is funny!! I also love how you did your backgrounds!! And geesh!! I wish we could see some dandelions! Still snow on the ground!!
Hugs~
Dana

Shawna said...

I like it! It would be perfect for my brother..teeheee.

Tammy said...

I think your card is totally funny. Perfect for someone "just over the hill".

Linda said...

I have been in the same mood as you. I need to get out of this weather but I don't feel I can spend the money on a trip. Just frustrated I guess.
But I think your card is totally clever. I love your coloring and the sentiment well we all think our numbers have exceeded the age limit. I still don't know how my number got to 58. I think it should be in the 30's.
I hope you are feeling less crabby.
Hugs,
Linda

Marlene said...

WHAT???~!!! MEAN?! It isn't mean! It's funny.

If you wanna soften it up a bit, just change the inside to "you're headed over the hill!" Ha ha.

Seriously, though....I don't think it's mean at all. You're going all soft on me here!

Lucky is such a sweet kitty. Just saw the posting on the squigglefly blog.

bumblebee creations said...

what a great that SF has had to help this gorgeous kitty! Love the card!

Dawn Frost said...

I don't think your card is mean or rude! I send out cards like that all the time, oh no, lol! I'm not really mean or rude, honest!

Dawn B. said...

This is a "fun" card.. I don't think it is mean at all. Your coloring is terrific. Great job.. I saw some dandelions too..

*Vicki* said...

Not mean at all Holly!! I think it's adorable and funny!! :) LOVE your chosen colors and layout!! Looks fabulous!! HUGS

Scrappy Doo said...

I don't think it's mean.
I understand your concerns because people are just wayyyy toooo sensitive.

Get over it! :)