Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Tisket, A Tasket, A Bunny's In The Basket

Hi everyone! Yesterday was a lovely cloudy day with lots of wind. We had a short afternoon rain and behind it was some wonderful cooler air! This whole week looks to be my idea of ideal weather - light cloud coverage, highs in the mid sixties and lows in the high thirties. This "perfect" weather doesn't last long, so I am truly enjoying it. I missed the mail not running yesterday though!

I have an Easter card to share with you today! I used a recently released image by the oh so talented Marla Shega called Bunny Basket and went with my favorite shade of purple.



(click to enlarge)

I used Copic markers to color with, and this was really fun to color. I used some of the paper from the DCWV Nana's Nursery Baby Boy pack. I thought the little bunnies were perfect especially since they are purple!

The sentiment is computer generated. I'm sorry, but I can't remember what fonts I used. I tied some ribbon at the top and accented the corner with some piercing and that's it! Have you started your Easter cards yet? It's pretty late this year, so you have time.

I have not made any Christmas cards for next year so far this year, and I'm feeling I should try to get a few a month made. Maybe I'll take some time this week to work on some of those! Right now I'm off to try to make a card for the challenge at the Squigglefly Blog. It's a fun one this week - You make a card and use as many "D" things as you can. Use things that begin with the letter "D" like dew drops, dots, diamond dust, etc. and techniques that begin with the letter "D" like distressing, or adding dimension. Fun, huh?

I wish you a fantastic day, and thanks for looking!

18 comments:

Elaine A said...

Hi Holly -

I love this card. What a beautiful image, the little bunnies are so sweet. And you've done a fabulous job with the coloring. I really like the layout of it, that bunny paper is adorable and just perfect.

Elaine Allen

Tammy said...

Bunny's in the Basket is absolutely adorable. The flowers are gorgeous and you colored them perfectly.

Wish you and Riley were here, we got 5 inches of snow last night but it is so cold!

Shawna said...

Gorgeous card Holly. Love that image; just colored one up last night myself. Can't beat gorgeous flowers with sweet fluffy bunnies! Enjoy your perfect weather. I am still waiting for ours. Late last week we had 20 inches of snow over two days and now it is a frozen mess.

Kim said...

This is beautiful!!! I love her images too!!!!!

*Vicki* said...

Wow!! Gorgeous colors Holly!! The image is so beautifully detailed and your coloring makes it even more gorgeous hun!! Brilliant job!! HUGS

Pam in Ar. said...

Your card is D-lightful :)

Patricia St Martin said...

WOW!!! Beautiful.. You can not miss when you use her images.

bumblebee creations said...

Awhhh... so sweet Holly!
I didn't miss the mail yesterday-heehee!!

Inger said...

What a lovely easter card Holly!!!
So beautifully coloured!!!

Linda said...

Amazing!!!

Berenice R. said...

Super cute card! :)

Michelle said...

Hi Holly, great to hear from you, you've been doing some gorgeous work, I just love this Easter card, your coloring is amazing. Keep up the great work
Love and {{{Hugs}}}
Michelle

Marlene said...

Wow - that is one gorgeous, detailed image, and you've colored it just perfectly!!! Looks beautiful.

I just uploaded my "Excited Egbert" card.....and am even offering up the free sentiment I created! I thought it was perfect for Egbert! heehee!

Dawn B. said...

I LOVE Easter and all the images that go along with it..This is beautiful..Soft and pretty.. I walked all the way out to the mailbox yesterday.. Forgot.no mail. But when I got the mail today I was super excited. Be on the look out in a few weeks for a shamrock embellished card.. I know just what I am going to do..:) You are so talented.

acreativeneed said...

So pretty and refreshing to see some signs of Spring! Lovely Holly!!
smiles,Deena

Dawn Frost said...

That is a gorgeous basket! Wow fantastic.

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

SO sweet! That basket looks real: the bunnies all fuzzy and soft, and i love the spring colours. Lovely!

Marla Shega said...

Hi Holly,

Glad you like the image! I love the card you created with it!

Marla