Monday, February 14, 2011

Two Featured Stamper Cards

Well here it is a Monday morning and back to the old routine. It's Valentine's Day today and I hope your sweetie treats you right! Temperatures were close to 70 yesterday afternoon and looks to be that way the rest of this week. I'd say winter is over for sure. The park was packed with people yesterday too! I hope you were able to enjoy some outdoor time yesterday!

I played along with the featured stamper challenge yesterday and made two cards. This first one is such a quick and easy card that would be great to make at the last minute or in batches so you always have a quick card on hand. The card I chose to CASE can be seen HERE.


(click to enlarge)

Simple huh? and you could change the feeling and type of card just by changing the sentiment and using different designer papers. My sentiment is from the Birthday Humor set at Squigglefly and the paper is from My Minds Eye.

My next card didn't exactly turn out like I envisioned it, but I do like it. The card I CASED is HERE, and here is my card


(click to enlarge)

The image is from Teresa Ward . I love the delicate beauty of it. It didn't require much coloring and then I used a Quickie Glue pen to trace over the parts I wanted to be fluffy. I used some home made flower soft to sprinkle over the glue and then tapped off the excess. Here's a close up shot of the fluff


(click to enlarge)

I used pieces of foam core board to pop the image panel up. It gives it a bit more dimension than pop dots. The edge of the image panel is sponged with Blush Blossom ink and the sentiment is computer generated. I did punch little notches on the sides of the card to hold the cording in place.

Today is the day we announce the winners of the Valentine Contest that has been going on in the groups, so be sure to go by the PCP or SNR group to see if you won!
If you didn't win that one maybe you won the challenge on the Squigglefly blog! There's a new challenge up today and I fully intend to play along! I hope you will too. oh, and while you're there take a look at how much money has been raised for Lucky's surgery so far! There's a little place to the right that tells you where we're at so far!

Thanks for looking, and have a great Valentine's day!

14 comments:

Tammy said...

"Make a Wish" is especially gorgeous. Love its simplicity. Happy Valentine's Day.

Renee said...

oooh I loge the make a wish card! just beautiful! I love it. You did a great job. hugz n blessings.

Nana Bev said...

Love your 'make a wish' card. Clean, simple but elegant. Happy Valentine's Day to you too.

Shawna said...

LOVE the make a wish card. Your flower soft is the perfect touch!

*Vicki* said...

Oh WOW!!! I absolutely LOVE these images!! The summer flower with the sparkle is just so elegant!! Stunning design!!! Happy Valentine's Day to you my friend!!HUGS

Patricia St Martin said...

Both card are beautiful.

Becky said...

Wonderful cards Holly. I just love your make a wish, that is just stunning!

Marlene said...

Pretty! Lovin' that flower soft card, especially muchly!! Heehee!

Oooh, thanks for reminding me about Lucky....I need to go purchase some kitty stamps from Squigglefly.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh holly, that make a wish card is to die for gorgeous! is that a SF image? i don't remember seeing it and i want it - lol.

wowza!

happy valentines day, sweetie!

hugs :)

bumblebee creations said...

What a gorgeous couple of cards-the second one is simply amazing!!! I love it!!

bumblebee creations said...

What a gorgeous couple of cards-the second one is simply amazing!!! I love it!!

Dawn Frost said...

I like both cards Holly but I LOVE the second one, wow!! Totally gorgeous!

Teresa / Trees aWard in ... said...

Hello Holly, you have done a sterling job on the "make a wish" card, everyone seems to love it, and so do I! Thank you so much for choosing it to show.

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

I REALLY like this card! Sorry I haven't been visiting much, been playing with that new grandbaby! I just wanted you to know how much I like this!