Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A challenge for you and for me

Hi everyone! I have had no crafting time over the weekend due to our trip to Memphis, and yesterday after work was catch up day so there was no crafting then either. It's a good thing I saved a card I made for last week's featured stamper challenge at Splitcoast Stampers or I'd have no card to show you today!

The card I CASED can be seen HERE, and here is my version


(click to enlarge)

My image is one by Robin Willis named Tis The Season and I colored with Copic markers. There is puff paint added to the trim and ball on his hat. A very quick card to make!

Now I have a challenge for you! When we were in Memphis Ashley gave me a bag of kitchen utensils that she no longer wanted. I told her I'd take them home and see what I wanted and then see if any of my friends wanted anything before donating them to a church charity we know. Anyway, there was this one thing in there that Brock and I could not figure out what it was used for. I finally did some on line searching and discovered it's use, can you figure it out? First right answer will win a prize from me!



(click to enlarge)

Have fun guessing, and thanks for looking!

22 comments:

airbornewife said...

what a neat looking utensil. It looks like it would be used as a whisk. ~ Pam

Lori m said...

LOL, I'd be mashing things with it but it looks more like a utensil used to do garnishing of some sort.

Lori m said...

Trying this again, looks like a garnishing tool?

Colleen said...

could it possible be used to open up jars; put around the lid and turn for easy opening

Shawna said...

It's for scooping out the insides of very large potatoes ----- A combination scooper and potato fluffer. In one. For twice-baked potatoes. Ya think? LOL!

Jane said...

I live in California. It's an avocado slicer?

Pam in Ar. said...

...is it something you use to mix pastry dough or cut in shortning into flour????

Brenda said...

I think it is used to slice avocados.

Julie Cade said...

Looks like a whisk, but that seems to simple a guess. :-)

Kim G said...

I believe it is for stripping an avocado out of its skin.

Dawn Frost said...

Honestly that is the strangest tool I've ever seen! It looks like its flexible, I'll say a new fangled jar opener? lol this will be interesting!

Kathy said...

Kathy Wolfe thinks you use to help pull hair off your dog. Long haired dogs that shed alot.

Elaine A said...

Hi Holly -

Love your card, it so darn cute! As to the tool, its an avocado slicer. You can squeeze the lower green oval to fit any size avocado. It then gives you fairly clean slices.

Elaine Allen

theCook said...

I'd say a tomato slicer...

Linda said...

I have now idea but it is cool.

PatsyB said...

It takes the "hair" off corn on the cob.

Lisa said...

LOL!~ Too funny! That is a Chef'n Vibe Flex Avocado Slicer.
Big Hugs!

Chris said...

Hi.
This is for segmenting an avocado,it cuts it out of it's skin and slices at the same time.

Marlene said...

That's not a kitchen gadget!!! It holds the little doggy poop bags. You just hang the bag from it...and you SCOOP. See....easy peasy. No???!!! I give up. What is it?

Your card is cute..and I love that sentiment! (But only on the card...I'm tired of the colder weather already!)

*Vicki* said...

Way to get a head start on Christmas! :) I love penguins! This is so sweet!!HUGS

freida said...

Boy that puff paint really makes a difference on his cap! This looks awesome! Such fabulous coloring too...love how you pulled that blue from the gorgeous DP to match your shadowing too! Maybe if I start now on my Christmas cards I will be able to finish them!

These guesses had me in stitches, especially Marlene's! She and I think on the same line for I'd have more use for it that way since I have more poop around here than anything else! ; )

Hugs

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

Super adorable card. Love that little pengie and how you did his hat and the colours are YUM. (And an avocado slicer??? That's nuts! heehee)