Saturday, March 19, 2011

Dragonflies Dancing

Hi everyone. I'm really sorry to have just disappeared on you for two days with no explanation. The time change has really had me off schedule and I finally got bitten by the bug - the Cricut bug. I broke down and bought a Cricut the other day. I just couldn't help myself! since they have come out with the new Expression machine, the original Cricuts have been discounted and I bought one for $70.00! so, last night I was playing around with it and learning what all it can do. Hopefully I'll learn it soon and be showing you stuff soon!

Are you feeling lucky? Today's the very last day to take advantage of this special offer from Squigglefly. Check out what I'm talking about HERE! Also, I have a bit of news to share with you. First, the bad news. The bad news is that there isn't going to be any new images released at Squigglefly today. I know - I feel your pain! But there's good news! The reason is because there have been some new artists to join Squigglefly and they've been busy getting things ready for their introduction! So stay tuned for that next weekend!

Now I didn't show up today just to fill your heads with excuses and news! I actually do have a card to share. It's one made a while back that I did for one of the Featured Stamper challenges on Splitcoast Stampers. If you want to see the card I CASED you can see it by clicking HERE.

Here's the card I made


(click to enlarge)

I used the Zen Dragonfly image that Angie Davis drew for Squigglefly. I really love this image and have used it so many times. I used Copic markers to color it and added some brown puff paint to the cat tail for dimension. A bit of glitter using stickles was added to the dragonfly's trail. I pierced holes around the image panel and did some sponging around the edges. Simple and elegant.

I really hope you have a fantastic weekend! Don't forget to check out the supermoon we're having tonight, and thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Nana Bev said...

Beautiful image and card, Holly. Love the serenity of it all.

Pam in Ar. said...

Simple but beautiful :) Have a great weekend!!

Shawna said...

Thanks for reminding us about the Squigglefly event.....I am off to buy some images!!

Linda said...

So comforting! Beautiful card Holly.

Dawn Frost said...

Holly what a simple yet very elegant card! The added glitter gives it just the right amount of zip. Love it!

freida said...

WAHOOOOO!!! I'M SO PROUD OF YOU! :)So now you are a Cricuteer!!! YAYYYYT! Although I do not have a Cricut (CraftRobo gal here), these machines have changed paper- crafting's world completely! I can't wait to see your creations!

Ahhh, the Zen Dragonfly! Oh I've definitely gotten my money's worth with it too! You just can't find a more versatile image with this much charm! I love what the puff paint does to the cattail and the glittery trail looks fabulous! And it's amazing what the piercing adds...such a simple thought turns up the volume! :) Gorgeous card, luv!

Hope you have a fabulous weekend! It's GORGEOUS out there! :)

Hugs~

Elaine A said...

Hi Holly -

I really love how this card looks. It is just so beautiful and serene. And again, you've done a wonderful job with the coloring.
So you gave in and bought the cricut - LOL! I've yet to do that, not sure how much I would use it. Besides, my sister has one that she seldom uses and if I ever feel the urge, I'll borrow hers! But I try to not think that she has it sitting in her house. I'm afraid that if I play with it, I might find out I can't live without it! LOL! Enjoy your weekend.

Elaine Allen

Tammy said...

Awesome card, love its simplicity and peace it brings.

Can't wait to hear your opinion of your next Expression. I've been so tempted but cannot decide which one.

bumblebee creations said...

OH BOY HOLLY!! I am so excited to see what you have in store for us -using your new toy!! I love this card--the image you have used is one of my fav's too--it works for so many different kinds of cards!!

Kim said...

wonderful card Holly! I can't wait to see the new images next weekend!!!!

Renee said...

oh Holly I love this! hugz n blessings.

Marlene said...

That is a pretty card, Miss H. Can't wait to see the new releases next weekend, either!

Welcome to the cricut world...lol. I finally just got mine plugged back in and up and running a couple of days ago!

*Vicki* said...

This is very pretty Holly!! Love the colors and the sparkle you've put on this!! :) Have fun with your cricut!! I hear so many people love them!! HUGS