Thursday, March 10, 2011

Grateful For Green

Good morning everyone! I told you I would finish up the card i was working on for this week's Squigglefly's challenge, and I did! I had fun making this.


(click to enlarge)

I combined the lamp from Nina Brackett's Bright Life set along with the plain chair from her Comfy Chair set to make this charming little scene. The lamp is colored with Copic markers and I chalked some light shining down. The chairs were paper pieced and shaded a bit with some ink.

I printed out the sentiment and punched a little hole to tie some ribbon on. That printed designer paper was made by me! The font I used to print the sentiment had little dingbats for the capital letters and the coiled swirl was made by the capital Q! I just typed out rows of this and then printed it off to use as patterned paper. Fun, huh?

Brock and I went to pick up our tax return yesterday and discovered we don't owe as much as we thought we would. While we would prefer to owe even less (who wouldn't?), it was a nice surprise to find we didn't owe as much! We've decided to treat ourselves to a sweet treat to celebrate by going to a new yogurt place after dinner tonight! Yum!

I hope you have some sweet treats in store for you today too, and please try to play along in the Squigglefly challenge too. I'd love to see what you come up with! Thanks for looking!

17 comments:

Dawn B. said...

This is so warm and comfy looking. Great way to use your greens Holly. I wish our tax news was good. :)

Kim said...

Great card! Great image combo too!!!!

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow Holly!! Fabulous take on the greens girl!! :) I can see you sitting in one of those chairs!!LOL! You did an awesome job creating the papers...still not comfy with doing that yet, but perhaps I'll learn one day! Taxes can't be fun when you have owe money...but glad you didn't owe as much as you thought anyway! Have a great day hun!! HUGS

Maria Matter said...

this is so charming Holly! Love the illumination coming from your lamp!!!
hugs & blessings!

eiyiyi said...

You clever devil you! I love the card but the background paper is fantastic. thanks so much for the inspiration! hugs, eileen

Becky said...

Holly this is charming. Love the scene you created.

Shawna said...

This is just too cute Holly! I love those chairs!!!

Dawn Frost said...

Great checker furniture kinda reminds me... lol! We didn't have exactly that colour, oh my!

Elaine A said...

Holly -

This is just so sweet! I love it, so comfy, cozy! And isn't it grand when you get little surprises like getting a bit of a break with taxes?

Elaine Allen

bumblebee creations said...

what a fun card!! I love the paper piecing-and what a pretty lamp!! Love the paper you made too!!

Marlene said...

Oh, this is a SUPER DUPER FUN card! I LOVE the paper piecing you've done on those couches...and the glow from the lamp you've colored in. Really nice, Holly.

(See, not a facetious comment anywhere in my post!)

Tammy said...

Ohh I love this card! Just lovely.

Patricia St Martin said...

I like how you did your card. Looks like a really nice room. You did a great layout.

freida said...

OMGoodness!!! I'm 'GREEN' with envy!!! Not only did you create a GORGEOUS setting, that BGD paper ROCKS!!! The way you added the ribbon finishes it off perfectly! This looks AMAZING!!!

Hugs~

marilynprestonn said...

Holly just love your living room scene. Looks like a nice peaceful place to read a good book. They say green has a calming effect on people. Guess they're right.

Beautiful chalking under the lamp!

Glad I stopped by today!

:)Peggy

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

love the paper pieceing and what fabulous news! now you can sit in those chairs, have a glass of wine and figure out a way to spend the $$$$ you DON'T owe!

hugs :)

JanR said...

Oooh, Holly, it's awesome! Love the paper piecing and the fact that you made the dp yourself, way cool!