Monday, March 14, 2011

Has Spring Sprung For you?

Hi everyone! What a beautiful weekend we had. the weather was gorgeous and it was so nice to spend some time with Ashley. Riley was even on good behavior with her cats and dogs!

I don't know if you saw what Ashley did on Saturday or not, but you really need to go take a look at THIS, and then go to the Squigglefly store and shop! Did you get a look at the new images released this weekend? There are so many I can't wait to color!

There's a new challenge up on the Squigglefly blog today, and we are to make a card that reminds you of Spring! Spring can't be missed here. Everything is blooming, the grass is turning green, and birds are singing all day long! If it's not Spring in your area yet, make it seem like it is by making a card for the challenge!

Here's one I did using the perfect Spring image from Rich Davis called Spring Row.



(click to enlarge)

It's colored with Copic markers and I pierced the holes for the bee's trail. I used a new die from Marianne Designs and added a small pearl in each of the die's flowers.
I hope you will play along too! Have a great Monday, and thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

Love the circle die...come on Spring, I'm ready!! Glad you had a good weekend with your family Holly :)

Rosie said...

That card is so cute! I am sooo ready for spring to get here!!!

Elaine A said...

Holly -

Thank you for posting this card. It just made me smile and brightend my day. I absolutely love it!

Elaine Allen

Becky said...

This looks like Spring to me Holly! Love the circle design you did.

Dana said...

So cute Holly!! I love the paper pierced bee's flight!! Great idea and your new die cut is gorgeous!!
Hugs~
Dana

freida said...

Spring has definitely sprung here! :)
Those tulips look so cheery and your piercing looks fabulous with Mr. Bee! You KNOW I love your new die and those pearls really make it stand out! Love your green/purple color combo too! :) What a great welcome for Spring!

Hugs~

Linda said...

Very pretty!

Kari said...

Hi Holly!
This is fabulous!Great spring colours and I love the circle in the back,so lovely with the pearls!
Have a great week!

Hugs,Kari :)

Tammy said...

Love it, especially the bees trail. Sweet card, beautiful die too.

Marlene said...

Pretty card, Miss Holly! I just love that big ol' deal Squigglefly is having this week! How can anyone not want to take advantage of that!

Dawn Frost said...

Perfect spring card Holly, love the background!

*Vicki* said...

OOOH so gorgeous Holly!! LOVE the background and your pretty soft colors on your flowers!! Gorgeous card!!HUGS

Teresa / Trees aWard in ... said...

Oooh, I love that stamp, it says it all. Hope you are well Holly, I have been planting pots on my balcony with lots of spring bulbs. Everything is beautiful here at the moment, too nice to stay indoors.