Monday, March 21, 2011

Hey Peeps!

Hi everyone! If you made any purchases at Squigglefly last week, be sure to have a look HERE to see if you won!

Did you have a great weekend? Mine went by fast as usual, but what a beautiful weekend it was! Did you see the Super Moon on Saturday night? Gorgeous!
It did get rather warm - about 80 degrees both days - but it was cool early in the evening and in the mornings. Bees are everywhere! Riley keeps jumping and snapping at them. She's going to be sorry when she finally gets one!

I did learn a little about how to use the Cricut, and I've played around a bit. So far my biggest problem is that the mat is so sticky the things I cut tear when I pull them off. I can work with the really simple cuts okay, but intricate things are tricky!

I've got an Easter card to share with you today. I made this for the Outlawz challenge on their homepage that is to make any kind of greeting card and it has a great prize, so I'm entering this there too!


(click to enlarge)

the image I used here is one by Cheryl Alger called Easter Chicks. I colored with Copic markers and did a little chalking around the top of the basket with yellow chalk. The chicks are fluffed up with some yellow flock! Aren't they cute all fuzzy?

The sentiment is computer generated. See that label the sentiment is on? I cut that with the Cricut and sponged some Lavender Lace around the edges. The image panel is punched in each corner and then I pierced on the bottom layer to draw attention to them. The little carrot is one I made with some cardboard and embroidery floss. It's popped up on some small pop dots.

Today is a brand new challenge on Squigglefly's blog! Vicki has challenged everyone to push her buttons by using buttons on your project! Swing by and see what awesome creations the design team has done to inspire you! Also, get ready for some super Squigglefly news soon! Enjoy your Monday, and thanks for looking!

16 comments:

freida said...

LOOK AT YOU!!! Boy you've shoved that creativity up in high gear, girlie! :) What a FABULOUS Easter card! Adorable image with the flocking and that carrot is just too cool! You are sooo clever! teehee :) I LOVE the shape of that label and it's perfect for this! What a fun card! :)

Holly, when my mat is 're-stickied'(is there such a word?LOL more coffee please) I lay a sheet of wax paper under the cardstock I am wanting to cut....really helps with the intricate designs and has never caused any problems in the 8 yrs I've been using my CR.

Hope you enjoy this unbelievably gorgeous day!

Hugs~

Shawna said...

Fabulous card Holly! LOVE that carrot --- how clever! And those chicks are just too cute.........

Dawn Frost said...

Great idea using the floss to make a carrot! Love how it turned out. AND the flocking on the chicks, they are just adorable!

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow Holly, those peeps sure are cute!! The yellow stuff you put on them makes them look so fluffy!! :) I also love that carrot design too!! HUGS

Sara I. said...

How adorable is this!!! Saw your blog on the The Outlawz and wanted to come check you out - so glad I did!! Your fuzzy little chicks are super cute and I love all the colors you went with. I am going to go over to the side bar and follow you!!

Elaine A said...

Holly -

Love, love this card. Those baby chicks are just the cutest little things! So Sweet!

Elaine Allen

Diane said...

Hi Holly! I'm glad you found my blog today. Thank you for posting. :-) Holly's my daughter's name too. I'm kinda partial to it! ;-)

Good for you on the Cricut! I only have a Cuttlebug and am loving it though.

Uh-oh! Riley WILL be sorry! Bees are for making honey, not snapping at! Ouch!

Hope you'll come back and visit again.

Happy Cricutting!
Diane

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh how fabulous!

holly! i was thinking of you today and was going to email you. it's been a while since we've seen each other. i hope all is well. i'll email you.

hugs :)

Tammy said...

Oh gosh Holly, this card is just too sweet. Love the peeps and the sweet carrot.

Marlene said...

Those chicks are peepin' cute!!!! Love the flocking!

As far as your uber sticky cricut mat goes, first, you might try using cardstock on the mats when they are new. (It tears less easily when removing.) the other thing is - there is a cool little spatula made specifically for lifting papers off the mat without gouging (or removing too much of the stickiness). Let me know if you need more explanation...lol.

House Revivals said...

1. totally struggling with Cricut envy

2. Your card is darling, as always

3. We had a beautiful, sunny day, so were hopeful about the super moon -- had a bottle of special wine ready. Then the clouds rolled in, and all we saw was a glow....

Patricia St Martin said...

Those peep are so cute. Love the flower soft good idea. Card is a real cutie. Crazy week end my grandson from SD came over and he has been here, wonderful visit, his birthday is March 31 and he turns 13. He left today, sad because he really does not want to go.

Becky said...

Yes they are so cute! Love the little fuzz and love that carrot.

Lori m said...

What a happy and sweet card!

Kari said...

This is so cute,Holly!Lovely easter colours and the chicks is so fabulous with feather!Beautiful!
Have a great day!

Hugs,Kari :)

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

Adorable. Love the sentiment & the fuzzy peeping chicks. And that carrot rocks!