Saturday, March 12, 2011

I finished it!

This is my second post today. In the first post I showed you an image I had colored, but hadn't yet made into a card because I was not liking any layouts I came up with. Well, while my husband was catching up on his beauty sleep before we leave on our weekend trip I finished the card!


(click to enlarge)

You can see I completely changed the color of the mat around the image and I added another designer paper to the mix. I'm finally happy with it! Lynne told me this morning that she meant for the ground in the foreground to be dirt, and truthfully I knew that before I colored it - but once I started coloring I decided to keep it green like all this gardening stuff was laying in front of her garden bed. Call it artistic license! LOL!

I know that the new images haven't been released yet in Squigglefly's store, but check back later because they will be up sometime today! I suppose Ashley is like her daddy and catching up on her beauty sleep too!

So, Brock is now up and we have loaded up the truck for the trip so we are off! Enjoy your weekend, and I'll see you Monday!

22 comments:

Jennifer Scull said...

oh my gosh, this came together beautifully, Holly! :)

freida said...

WOW! DID YOU EVER!!! This looks FABULOUS!!! Everything you did to this design, simply put....ROCKS!!! :)
BIG TIME!!! Oh I LOVE it!!! :)

Have fun!
Hugs~

Patricia St Martin said...

I love that image you did a wonderful job. I can not wait to start garding. I used your shamrocks on a card and posted it a couple days ago just though you like to see then, I love then they look so nice. I checked the images and I did not see any new one at all.

eiyiyi said...

I love what you've done with this. It's gorgeous and your coloring is flawless as always!
hugs, eileen

Elaine M said...

Perfect!! Love the design, the colors, just everything - great job

Pam in Ar. said...

I really like the black with this card...it makes the coloring pop so much more. Beautiful card Holly, as usual...have fum in Memphis..see you Monday :)

Shawna said...

Gorgeous Holly, just gorgeous!

Nana Bev said...

Hard to believe you didn't know you were going here to start with. Awesome card. Love the layout and the colors ... really makes the image pop. Congrats.

Elaine A said...

Holly -

This really makes me think Spring. I really love your layout for the image (which is just beautiful). Your choices really make a wonderful frame for the image. Wonderful job!

Have a great trip.

Elaine Allen

Lori m said...

Wow! love the digi file and your coloring is just so fitting for a beautiful card.

:) Lori m

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh wow hols! this is gorgeous. i love that image! off to see the new releases. have a safe and fabulous weekend.

hugs :)

Linda said...

This is wonderful! I love the image and the wonderful way you put it all together.
Have a wonderful weekend.

Kristie said...

Oh wow!! You did a fantastic job coloring the image and putting the card together. I love all the greens!

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Great job! Enjoy your trip!

Marlene said...

Oh....this is very pretty!!! Lovin' the color choices...and the layout! Good job, Hollykins.

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

Ahhhhh green! LOVE it. Gorgeous colouring and that is some yummy ribbon. Spring is my favourite time of year. Talk about the perfect spring sentiment on here!

Tammy said...

Wonderful colors and coloring. Love the little pots, they really pop.

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Hi holly. This is such a lovely image and the colors are beautiful. Nice work.

Becky said...

Holly what fabulous coloring! Beautiful image.

Dawn Frost said...

Ooooh I love it! The layout is perfect for your image.

*Vicki* said...

WOWZER! Holly, this is beautiful girl!! Your coloring is so amazing!!! Hope you're having a wonderful trip sweetie!! HUGS

acreativeneed said...

Hi Holly! Wow, this is beautiful! It makes me wish Spring was here now! We still have a good bit of snow in Montreal, but it is starting to melt yeah!!
smiles,Deena