Monday, March 7, 2011

Judge's Orders

Good morning and happy Monday to you all! I hope you had a great weekend and got rested up for the week ahead. My weekend was a whirlwind - gone before I knew it, but we had fun. Yesterday I did get to spend some time in my craft room, so I will have cards to show you all week long!

Today is a brand new challenge on the Squigglefly blog! Vicki has challenged everyone to make a monochromatic card in greens. I will have to try to find time this week to play along in that!

My card today uses the funny Tell It To The Judge image by Lynne Stansbery.


(click to enlarge)

Once I had started coloring the desk I thought everything looked too dark, but it was too late to change anything. I used Copic markers and chalk. The sentiment was computer generated.

For the inside I completed the sentiment and arranged it around the balloons that are in the Birthday Set by Michelle Bertuzzi.


(click to enlarge)

I know so many of you are longing for Spring, so I took some photos of the Spring flowers and trees we have blooming here now. Here is a beautiful Tulip tree



and here's a gorgeous Bradford Pear Tree. There are a ton of these around town. They are pretty to look at, but they don't smell too nice!


and last but not least is a sunny Forsythia next to some daffodills




So, fear not - Spring is coming to you soon! Have a glorious day, and thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Tammy said...

I really love this image. And the computer sentiment is perfect.

Spring, cannot wait. We woke-up to 2 inches of snow this morning. What a surprise.

Colleen said...

LOL. cute card
Love that tulip tree. So pretty

Betty J Schaub said...

Ok your card is cute as ever. But those trees!!! OMW they are gorgeous!!! TFS

Kim said...

Beautiful Pictures Holly! We have a long way to go till we see things like this!

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Love the card Holly! And thanks for the hint of spring - it snowed here yesterday! But your tulip tree looks more like a redbud tree - my tulip tree is orange.

*Vicki* said...

LOL!! This judge image cracks me up!! :) Love your coloring too!! Thank you SO MUCH for sharing those wonderful Spring looking trees!! They are so pretty...I can't wait to see my crab apple tree bloom in my backyard! It's so cold, dark and dreary today..so this was nice!! HUGS

Shawna said...

Oh Holly, thanks for sharing your bit of spring with us! It's coming, I know.............the sooner the better I say! I love your judge card and I don't think the desk is too dark at all. They tend to be exactly like that, so I think you are spot on. Have a wonderful week!

Dani said...

Great card and what lovely trees!!

Anonymous said...

wasn't sure how to use that image, but of course you have hit the nail (or should i say gavel) squarely on the head!


wonderful card.
cat s.

Marlene said...

Haha...you know I seriously LOVE that image! you did a great job on this...I don't think it's too dark at all.

HOWEVER...Missy....I must sentence you to the corner if you're going to keep on teasing me with your gorgeous spring like photos. Our trees won't bloom like that for another six years, I'm thinking!

bumblebee creations said...

Oh Holly! You give me hope of spring yet!! Love your card-such a cute sentiment!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

there's NOTHING blooming here. my forsythia doesn't even have a bud on it!!! nothing, nada, zip.

fun card!

hugs :)

Dawn Frost said...

Love your judge, am jealous of your trees with flowers. We still have 1 1/2 meters of snow here and its cold!