Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Just a cute card

Hi everyone! Happy hump day! I have a cute little card I made last night for a couple of challenges. The first challenge is Squigglefly's make your own patterned paper challenge, and the other is Mothermark's Tea Party challenge where we are to make a girly card with ribbon.

I chose to use the adorable little Doxie Butterfly as my image because everyone knows that dachshunds are a GIRL'S best friend, right? Okay, so maybe I'm cheating on the girl part a little, but it's got a ribbon with a bow and that's girly!



(click to enlarge)

The paper in the background was made with the computer using a font that has dog symbol dingbats and another font for the words. I highlighted some of the words with the same yellow copic marker that I used to color the ribbon so it would match.

I used Copic markers and chalk to color and then stamp some grass sprigs on the ground. I hope you have time for some fun today! Thanks for looking!

13 comments:

eiyiyi said...

Doxies are certainly this girl's best friend. If the image had long hair it would look just like my Lucky! Love, love, love your card. hugs, eileen

Shawna said...

Cute card Holly!

Tammy said...

Fabulous card and I love the background, excellent!

Sara I. said...

Awesome card!!! Love your homemade paper!!! Love the yellow throughout and the ribbon treatment!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

now THAT is fabulous! absolutely love the paper you made!

hugs :)

Marlene said...

This is certainly a card with lots of "CUTE-ABILITY" in it! Heehee! I love the paper! Fabulous job. My friend would LOVE this card. She has a doxie who is her joy!

bumblebee creations said...

Love the card today HOlly--well-EVERY DAY!! This new pup is sure
a cutie!
Loving the layout of this card with the ribbon and all!

Teresa - in the Middle Side of Life said...

that is adorable!

Dawn Frost said...

Gorgeous background paper Holly, love those dog bones! Your colouring on the Doxie is awesome.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

So adorable, Holly!

Reflections from Granny said...

Love it!

*Vicki* said...

ACCCK!! Holly....this is just too precious sweetie!! LOVE your fun background and of course the darling image!!j :) So fun!! I've been off my computer for a couple of days...so I'm trying to catch up!! HUGS

Dana said...

I just love this card Holly!! So glad to have our new artist on board!! We got "Gretchen" (our doxie) when I was in first grade and that dog lived forever!! I was engaged to be married before she passed when I was 23!! I used to dress her up in my doll clothes.. lol!! So of course, this card pulls at some heart strings!! Again, love it!!
Hugs~
Dana