Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Long On Love

Hi everyone! Remember I told you about the freebie sentiment made to go with the Doxie Diva image available in all the Squigglefly groups the other day? Well, I finally got around to making a card with it myself!


(click to enlarge)

Copic markers were used to color the image and I sponged some Real Red ink on the edges of the image panel. I have had this heart shaped concho for some time now and thought it was the perfect embellishment for this. I threaded two strips of red gingham ribbon through it and then tied a bow to glue on top.

The sentiment was printed and then die cut with a Sizzix die and used on the inside of the card along with some of the checked paper.


(click to enlarge)

I'll be sending this to my best friend who has a little weenie dog of her own, and I know she will love it. Did you know my very first dog was a dachshund? She was named Lady and I had her for fourteen years.

The Squigglefly challenge this week is a great one! Use scraps on your card! We've all got scraps so find a creative way to use them up! I am planning on working on my card for the challenge when I get home from work today. I really hope you'll play along as well.

Have a wonderful first day of March, and thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Linda said...

So cute! Love the sentiment! You made me laugh today!

Maria Matter said...

mornin' Holly!
this is so adorable!!! and the sentiment is perfect for this lil' fellow!
hugs & blessings for a wonderful day!

Shawna said...

Super cute card! love the dots/checks paper together and the sentiment is hilarious. Did you feel the earthquakes where you live?

*Vicki* said...

AWW!!!! Now how stinkin' CUTE!!!!! I really adore this image, but those embellies you've added to this are just perfect Holly!! :) You clever girl you!! Make sure to tell Lynne how much I adore this!! HUGS

Becky said...

This is so cute Holly, love the sentiment. :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a fun card Holly!! I just love the colors,gingham, image and sentiment! The sentiment is too fun!!

hugs,
Chris

Elaine A said...

Holly -

This is too freaking cute! I love it.

Elaine Allen

Marlene said...

One of my very good friends has a Doxie and LOVES them! I will have to clue her in on this adorable digi.

Your card is FANTASTIC! LOVE the gingham...and that little heart charm with the ribbon threaded through it is so adorable!

bumblebee creations said...

WOW! I have been mia I guess!! I have missed so many posts!! I have to say that your homemade shamrock is so fun!!! I love the sentiment on this pup too!!! Such a cute card-love the embelly!!

Pam in Ar. said...

What a cute little doggie :) Love the sentiment...you always do such a great job Holly :)

Tammy said...

Fabulous! Love the paper too.

Dawn Frost said...

Oooh so sweet, just love him Holly!

Betty J Schaub said...

He looks like my Droopy! Too cute! Your coloring matches Droopy's perfectly. Thanks for the kind thoughtfulness of the card you sent me. It made me smile to know you were thinking of me. Love Ya!