Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Meet Foople

Good morning everyone! I hope your week is off to a good start. I have a card to share with you today that I made for a good friend of mine. She is feeling a little low these days and I thought this would cheer her up. Wouldn't this bring a smile to your face if he showed up in your mailbox?


(click to enlarge)


You may have noticed this big fuzzy fellow named Foople that was released at Squigglefly this weekend. Well, one of my blog readers wrote and said she was making cards for a four year old boy who has cancer and she wanted to use Foople on one of her cards, but she thought it would be nice to include a story with it that his mom could read to him while he looked at the card. I loved this idea! She also wondered if there were other characters Nate has coming later that are connected to Froople.

Well, I passed the note on to Nate Owens, the creator of Foople to find out a bit more about him. I thought you might want to know more about him too!



(click to enlarge and read the story)

You can even get a Foople T-shirt at Nate's Zazzle shop as a gift and make a matching card to go with it! Wouldn't that be fun?!


On my card I colored Foople with Copic markers and chalk. The sentiment is computer generated and I highlighted one of the words with a marker. The lacy oval behind the image was cut with my Cricut. Yay! It didn't tear when I pulled it off my mat!

I embossed the card base with a Sizzix embossing folder and sponged the edges of the card with Lovely Lilac ink.

I still haven't made a card for the Squigglefly blog challenge, but I plan on working on that today! I hope you'll play too! Enjoy your day, and thanks for looking!

14 comments:

Renee said...

oh this is adorable!! love that image. just to cute. hugz n blesings

Shawna said...

Oh, the Foople is so cute! I love that color combo Holly, and your doily is lovely --- the perfect backdrop. I can see after a few sips of Foople juice he will probably burst into a Foople song for your friend.

Becky said...

I love this image :), great layout. Is there direction to get to Foopalapa :)

JP Card Crazy said...

Thank you Holly I love Foople and I love his story! Love the way you did your card!

freida said...

Ohhh...this guy will warm everyone's heart! How adorable, I mean funable...and with such an enchanting story to tell! I cannot wait to meet all his friends!

Lady, you ROCKED this card!;) Your coloring can't be beat, and I love this color combo! FABULOUS sentiment, too! And look at that die cut! Girl, you have that Cricut smoking! That's the perfect EB folder for the image too! Such a sweet, sweet card! :)

Have a great day!
Hugs~

Betty J Schaub said...

tooo cunny and cute!

Patricia St Martin said...

Foople is so cute. I love the little story.

bumblebee creations said...

shat a super fun foople card!!! LOve the tall tale behind it too!! : )

Dawn Frost said...

Awesome character! Yes Holly he would definitely bring a smile to my face if I found him in my mailbox.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

super cute card and absolutely foople-fun story!!!

sure! you got spring. just shoot me now why don't cha! lol

hugs :)

Marlene said...

Foople is adorable! Your friend will have to smile when she sees your card. Who wouldn't? :)

Michele said...

Simply adorable!

Reflections from Granny said...

He will love it, so cheery and adorable!

*Vicki* said...

OOOH now he's so precious and I adore him in the light purples!! :) Just goes well I think!!