Sunday, March 6, 2011

New Release and Lucky Update!

Hi everyone! Sorry I didn't get around to posting yesterday. It has been a really busy weekend since I got home from work on Friday afternoon, and I've had little time to craft!

I did get a card made with one of Squigglefly's newly released images to share with you though! Have you been by to see the new images? Some really great faces to use for a variety of cards, and there's a really cool Peacock Tile that Teresa Ward drew. I know the design team will be making some awesome things with that!


I chose to use the Mother In Law image.


(click to enlarge)

She is colored with Copic markers and the background is chalked. I used a brand new die for framing the circle and sponged it with some Bliss Blue ink. The sentiment is computer generated and then cut out with a label die from Spellbinders. I then threaded a ribbon through it and around the designer paper to tie in a knotted bow in front. The inside says "Maybe they should live next door and just visit now and then." LOL!

Oh, and did you see that thanks to all of you who bought cat images in February, Squigglefly was able to contribute $150.00 toward Lucky's surgery fund? The vet taking care of Lucky has said that Lucky received her surgery, and he has even posted a little video of her that you can see HERE.

Enjoy your Sunday! thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Teresa / Trees aWard in ... said...

Hahaha, your sentiment made me chuckle. Thanks for the plug by the way.
Teresa xxx

Shawna said...

I had to look twice when I saw her pointing her finger.........LOL! Nice coloring Holly. Love the ribbon treatment, too.

Maria Matter said...

this is lovely Holly, gorgeous coloring once again!!!

enjoy your Sunday!
hugs & blessings

Linda said...

I love your card. Yesterday I had some ladies over and two friends stayed most of the day and we talked about this very thing. It was so funny to read your card today.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh i love her hair! absolutely wonderful card!

i just saw you're a member at outlawz! nice to see you there.

hugs :)

eiyiyi said...

Love the card and the sentiment Holly. I've always felt that adjoining townhouses was the way to a happy marriage. Just can't get the old husband to get with the program! hugs, eileen

*Vicki* said...

LOL!! Love the sentiment!! Such a great card Holly and your coloring is so amazing on this!! :) Hope you had a great weekend and fabulous news about Lucky!! Thanks to Squigglefly for all of the help!! HUGS

hoptownracer1 said...

Thanks so much for posting an update about Lucky! I had been wondering how she was doing. Keeping her in our prayers!
Love your cards!

freida said...

bahahahaha!!! Oh I needed that belly laugh! :) While I was out of town, I did get a chance to peek at the new images and I RITFLMAO when I saw this one! Oh will it ever come in handy! LOL I LOVE how you used her here and your coloring is flawless! I REALLY like how you selectively chalked the background! That looks AWESOME! Looks like I'm gonna have to get me one of those label dies...love how you did the chalking here too! This card will definitely make someone's day! :)

Off to unpack and make a dent in that never-ending laundry! UGHHH! Hope you enjoy your day! :)

Hugs~

Marlene said...

You know I just LOVE this image!! LOL! Wait 'til you see what this snarky "Mother In Law" has to say tomorrow...*snicker*.

Love the way you colored her up, and of course, the sentiment is hilarious. You can almost hear her saying that. Awesome stuff, Holly!

Oh....great news about Lucky. Going to go check out the link now.

Tammy said...

Fun image and perfect sentiment. Love how you colored her.

Dawn Frost said...

Wow that's a scary mother-in-law, however she could be right, lol! Great card Holly!

Scrappy Doo said...

This is such a funny image!! i love how you colored it but I must say, it is just a hilarious image!!
Love the coloring.