Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Pink and Blue Birthdays

Happy hump day everyone! What a day and night full of rain we had yesterday! I loved it, but Riley was looking out the window with a look on her face that if she could talk she would have been singing "Rain Rain, Go Away!" Today is looking to be a dryer day though, so I'm sure she'll get lots of outdoor time to make up for it.

I am really low on my birthday card stash, so I whipped up two cards using the Roses image by Angie Davis. I used the same layout on both cards but just switched the colors and papers to get two very different cards.


(click to enlarge)


The designer paper on both of them has been embossed with the textile embossing folder from Provo Craft. The roses were colored with Copic markers and I also used some chalk around the pink roses.

Don't forget to play along in Squigglefly's Grateful For Green challenge! I should have my card for that ready to share with you tomorrow! Have a wonderful day, and thanks for looking!

12 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Holly, these are two really gorgeous creations!! Look like they'd be perfect for any occasion!! Love the papers too!! TFS! HUGS

Nana Bev said...

Love the composition, Holly. They are both lovely - springy colors!

Shawna said...

BEAUTIFUL cards Holly!

Rosie said...

Very pretty cards! Makes me wish I could afford copics markers AND learn how to use them!

bumblebee creations said...

Super pretty cards Holly--love them both!
Yep--booboo'd yesterday!! forgot to pre post before I hit that button!

Elaine A said...

Hi Holly -

These cards are so sweet. I love the texture the embossing folder gives them. I also love your color choices.

Elaine Allen

Tammy said...

You are right, both different but both are just beautiful!

Marlene said...

Oh my...you have a soft and frilly side to you! Heehee!! Really pretty, seriously!

Dawn Frost said...

Wow does it ever add embossing over dp paper! LOVE it!

Patricia St Martin said...

Love both cards. the same but so different. Like how you did the background. The flowers are stunning.

freida said...

LOVE these! Another one of my favorite images because it's so versatile. Love the DPs you paired them with and you really did some fab coloring, GF! Perfect b'day cards!

Hugs~

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

these are just beautiful!

hugs :)