Thursday, March 24, 2011

Sneak Peek!

Hi everyone! Man, I think Spring is over and summer has arrived. It was hot yesterday! Luckily there was a breeze to help keep it from getting too bad, but it wasn't comfortable outdoors. I still hear so many of you who are having snow, and I'm jealous! Get out and build a snowman and make a snow angel for me!

Well, even if the weather isn't spring like for a lot of us, I've got a spring card to share with you and it uses an image that's going to be released in Squigglefly's store this Saturday so you're getting a sneak peek! In fact, I plan to have a different sneak peek the rest of the week for you!

This lovely image is by Lynne Stansbery and is called Black Eyed Susan Spring Ring.




(click to enlarge)

I colored this with Copic markers and then added white dots to the bow and brown puff paint to the center of the flowers. The middle was cut away. The sentiment is computer generated. There are two rows of piecing at the bottom and a strip double stick with lavender glitter rubbed on.

I think this would be really pretty if you colored the flowers like Coneflowers or purple Asters too!

It seems several of you would like a video showing you how to make the double easel card, so I'll try to work on that over the weekend for you. I wish you a wonderful day no matter your weather, and thanks for looking!

17 comments:

Sara I. said...

I love! sunflowers - you did a wonderful job on the image and the bow!! Love the glitter at the bottom and the piercing? Beautiful job Lynne!

Shawna said...

OOOO! Love this image! And I LOVE your card Holly......that little treatment you gave the bow is awesome as is the puffy centers you gave the flowers. Great card!!!

Dana said...

I love black eyed Susans and I adore your card!!! I've been trying to catch up on my reader (geesh.. it's not easy when you let it get away from ya') and just spent some time browsing all of your recent posts! They are all adorable!!
Hugs~
Dana

*Vicki* said...

Oh my lands!! This is sooo gorgeous Holly!! The coloring is so brilliant here!! Thanks for the sneaky peek!! ;)

And it's funny to hear you girl!! I'm jealous of YOUR weather!! It's sunny, but it's like high of 40 degrees today!! So I can't even build a snowman...it's just darn cold!! I'd rather have your weather right now and get outside and enjoy THAT!! :) HUGS

Heather Strenzwilk said...

What a nice image! Very versatile and I love how you used it on your card. The lavender makes the flowers pop.

I'm jealous of your weather too. I had to shovel my driveway twice yesterday!

Becky said...

Hi Holly,
This is beautiful, love how you did this bow and the bottom design.

freida said...

That sister of yours continues to amaze me! She is truly blessed with some mega talent...must run in your family because He gave you a hefty dose too! Your coloring and card design is impeccable! I love all the special details here; the glitter strip gives that extra punch of color and bling, and the piercing adds a subtle point of interest! This is FABULOUS, Holly!

Hugs~

Elaine A said...

Love this card Holly! Wonderful flowers that make me think of Spring and Summer instead of the snow outside my window - LOL! I especially love that band of purple glitter - yummy!

Elaine Allen

Patricia St Martin said...

Beautiful Holly, The wreath is so nice. We got snow yesterday. I hope my life will get back to normal now. I'm so behind on everything.

Patricia St Martin said...

Beautiful Holly, The wreath is so nice. We got snow yesterday. I hope my life will get back to normal now. I'm so behind on everything.

Diane said...

This image is so cute, Holly. It looks like the bouquet of sunflowers and daisies my daughter and son-in-law sent me that is sitting on our counter. :-)
Hugs, Diane

Tammy said...

Fabulous image. The bow is gorgeous. Wish we could get some warm weather. Guess its all staying down south.

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

Gorgeous new image. Love the yellow. Welcome Spring is right!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh yeah! this is definitely a springy card... and stunning.

hot? did you say hot???? it's freakin' cold here - in the low 30s!!! rain & sleet! i may have to come live with you next winter - lol!

hugs :)

Marlene said...

your card is absolutely STUNNING! Loving the sparkle! NICE!

We had thunder, lightning and HAIL last night. Then came the snow. Only a lousy 1/2 inch or so...and thankfully it's ALL gone again. UGH. I would rather have YOUR weather. :)

Dawn Frost said...

Lovely black eyed Susans! I thought that the dots were part of the bow image. Very nice! We're planning on taking the snow tires off the last week of May, lol!!

Kim said...

All these sneak peeks are wonderful! Can't wait for the release!!