Saturday, March 12, 2011

Spring Isn't finished

Well, I really wanted to finish this card I made with the
new Here's How Your Garden Grows image by Lynne Stansbery but I got hung up on the card design. I loved coloring this! I used copic markers and then stamped a little on the grass with one of the stamps from Stampin' Up's water color minis set.


(click to enlarge)

Isn't the image beautiful? Almost makes me want to go dig in my garden - almost! LOL! Anyway, I got the image colored, printed the sentiment and picked out at least one designer paper to go with it. I chose a card base and some possible ribbon but just could not come up with a design I liked. I finally decided to walk away and come back later to see what comes to me.

I thought I'd go ahead and show you what I've come up for now though so you could see this wonderful image in color. there are a lot of great new images in the store today, so run over to Squigglefly and take a look to see if anything strikes your fancy!

We are heading to Memphis today and I won't be back until Sunday evening, so I'll see you all on Monday morning just in time for a new challenge on the blog! Have a great weekend, and thanks for looking!

7 comments:

Shawna said...

This is a fabulous image! Your coloring is beautiful, as always! Have fun in Memphis.

Jennifer Scull said...

what a gorgeous image! I would love to dig in my garden, but we had 10" of snow land on it yesterday, so it will still be a while...... tee hee!
sorry to have been away for so long. illness and a kaput compy have me borrowing my hubby's laptop. am trying to catch up on a bit of blogging. enjoy your getaway! :)

Dawn Frost said...

I never thought to use my watercolor minis for the grass, thanks! Fantastic card Holly!

Victoria said...

fab card, lovely bright colours. Wish my garden reflected your card but me and gardening don't seem to go together at all!
hugs
Victoria
x

freida said...

Yep, it's almost that time and as much as I enjoy digging in that dirt, those dang weeds will be popping up to greet me! UGH! But this image will be sooo much fun to color...perfect for those welcoming Spring cards! Lynne did such an awesome job, as always, and your coloring really accentuates all the details! Can't wait to see the finished results! :)

I know you are having a ball in Memphis! Just stay out of 'our' store! jk

Hugs~

Pam in Ar. said...

Springtime!!!!!!!

*Vicki* said...

I was wondering if I was seeing Deja Vu or something!! LOL!! I think I commented on this already, but I do love your finished one above!! HUGS