Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Squigglefly news and a Squigglefly challenge!

Hi everyone! I told you a few days ago that there was news about Squigglefly and today I can spill the beans. There are three new artists joining and they'll be making their debut on Saturday! I know you will fall in love with their artwork! The three artists are Paulette Rich Long, Nate Owens, and Diane Knott! If you click on their names you'll be taken to their web site where you can see why we're all excited! The design team is busy working on projects this week to showcase their work, so be sure to stop by their blogs every day to see what will be new in the store on Saturday! Their links on on my right sidebar.

Monday was the new Squigglefly Blog Challenge, and Vicki's challenge is to use buttons on your card. The card I have to share today only has one button on it, but even one button counts!

I needed to make a birthday card for a great friend. She is a stamper and avid cardmaker too, so I like to make cards that are extra special for her. I decided to make her a double easel card using the Ant Birthday image from Squigglefly.


(click to enlarge)

I colored the ants with copic markers and added some glitter to the party hat. the embossed labels were cut with my Cricut! I'm learning how to use it! The sentiment is also from Squigglefly, and it's Birthday Wishes by Jess Holland.

Here are the copic colors I used



Here are closer views of each side


(click to enlarge)


(click to enlarge)

These are really easy to make. Start with an 8" x 8" piece of cardstock and fold in the center. Now cut up the center of one side all the way to the score line. Score a line on each cut square from the corner near the center score line to the opposing corner. Decorate each cut square by adhering patterned paper on the lower triangle only. When decorating the inside of the card, be sure to put something in there to hold the squares up! On my card the ribbon acts as a stopper to keep them standing.
If this is confusing to you, let me know and I'll try to do a video of it for you.

Speaking of videos, I took one the other night of Riley having a dream. The lighting was low so the quality isn't that great, but if I had turned the light up she probably would have woken up. At first our television is blaring, but once Brock saw I was filming he turned it down so you can hear her woofing in her sleep. She even hunts game in her sleep! If you can't see the video on my blog, you can see it on YouTube HERE.


Have a wonderful day, and thanks for looking!

16 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh my goodness, what a cute card, love the ants! Your friend will be so pleased to receive it.

Riley certainly is a star. I used to love to hear my girls dreaming, barking up a storm as they pursue the chase. My rescued golden from the puppy mill just cries and cries, really a pitiful sound, there is nothing pleasant going on in her dreams only hurt.

*Vicki* said...

Oh my gosh!! Holly, these ants are too cute! :) I love how you've split them up and your colors are so bright and fun!! :) Teehee...Cute video!!

Shawna said...

Your friend will love this very special card.........love it! Thanks for sharing the video of Riley, too. Can never get enough of your precious Riley or your cards. Thanks for sharing.

Rosie said...

Love those cute little ants! I was going to say I can't see what the critters are and then I saw the "click to enlarge" below the pictures! lol

eiyiyi said...

Fabulous card .... so creative. Would love a video if you have the time and the inclination. hugs, eileen

ps .... Riley is too cute for his own self!

Maria Matter said...

very impressive card Holly! Beautifully done!

Riley's adorable! love your animal videos!!
hugs & blessings!

Elaine A said...

Hi Holly -

LOVE the card! It is so freaking cute, the ants are just so adorable! Your friend will love this.
What a great video of Riley - LOL! She reminds me of my boys when they sleep. They legs go as if they were running, they'll woof. One of my boys, Jackson, will sometimes whimper or cry in his sleep. When he does that my husband says, he must be dreaming you went to work. He cries when I leave for work in the morning. I guess he misses Mommy - LOL!

Elaine Allen

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

wow holly! this is just fabulous! i haven't done one of those yet. you definitely rocked it!

3 new artists at SF - wowza! you girls are growing like weeds - lol!

i'll be by to see.

hugs :)

Diane said...

Holly, the ants are adorable!! And thank you for announcing that I'll be one of your artists soon! :-) I can't wait!

LOL...I have to laugh about your post this morning on my blog! Yes! More snow! It IS pretty, but you're right...where you live will get very, very hot and humid shortly. Here...our summers are pretty good. Normally, we just have two seasons, winter and the 4th of July. ;-)

Hugs! Diane

Dawn Frost said...

Love your card Holly its fantastic! The ants are so cute and cheeky. Great video of Riley, lol!

freida said...

DANG, I can see why you are so excited about these new artists! OMGoodness, how talented they all are! I can't wait to see these new images! BTW, did you see those flowers Diane made? Blew me away...and I weigh a lot!!! ;)

Again you used another of my most-used images...these ants crack me up...oh I LOVE 'em! Love how you used your Cricut design too! Your card design is so creative, but you know what a visual learner I am, so when you get time, I'd love to see a video too! Pleeeze! ;)

Oh MsRiley... how loved you are! I love hearing all the sounds they make while sleeping...really makes me wonder about some of those dreams! LOL

Hugs~

bumblebee creations said...

That Riley!! She never tires, does she -not even while she is sleeping!! Love your card--have never seen a double one like that before!! You are just so talented!! The kids have today off of school cuz we got a big storm last night!! It is snowing again!! You can jet up if you would like to build a snowman--there is plenty of it! Ughhh!!!

Marlene said...

Those ants are adorable! Love the cards! Can't wait to see all the new creations from the new artists! FUN FUN FUN!!!

My dog dreams too, and it's pretty funny to watch sometimes!

Lori m said...

What a cute card, love the coloring and designs.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I just love these ants Holly!! Gorgeous coloring and design!! TFS the video too!1 Riley is adorable!

Sara I. said...

You did such a fantastic job! Love the polka dot paper and the puching you did - your bow is perfect and sweet with the button center! Love the embossed mounts behind the beautifully colored images!!